Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mommy Turns 30...And More!

Sorry about my lack of bloggage lately...it's the end of the school year, what can I say?

Just 1 1/2 more days with students, and 3 overall and we're DONE!!! (If this seems early to you Wisconsinites, just know that we go back to school on some ridiculously early date like August 10th or something...no waiting until after Labor Day here in Indiana.)

Anyhow, here are some glimpses into life around here lately:

Last weekend Aunt Dee Dee and I turned 30!
(just imagine how sheepish Daddy and Uncle Tim felt when they ordered this and had to explain to other parents waiting to pick up their Elmo cackes that the "girls" were 30!)

Tim and Laura were down for the weekend as well. Months ago Laura talked me into running in the Geist Half Marathon with her (well...I ran a 5K while she ran the half), but it was a great way to start this new decade!

We rested and visited the park in the afternoon, then had a group of friends over for some Rock Band and video game trivia.

Daddy is showing Laureli the ropes:

Cousin James is an old pro at Rock Band:

We partied until well into Sunday morning...I think I'm still recovering from lack of sleep, because Adele was asleep and unaware of our partying downstairs all night and decided to wake up around 4:45 pretty much for good on Sunday. Ouch!
Tired babies:


On Monday we took Miss Adele to Cookie Cutters to trim up her messy hair. I will never again be jealous of my straight-haired friends. It is MUCH harder to get a decent cut with straight hair than I had ever imagined before! I'm not thrilled with Adele's new 'do, but it's not in her eyes anymore, and she doesn't really look like a boy, nor does she *quite* have a mullet, so I guess mission accomplished...she unfortunately got Daddy's hair (along with just about everything else!).






It has been pretty warm here, and our air conditioner is still broken, so we've thought of lots of different "water games" around the house to keep us cool. On Thursday we "painted" the driveway with water-Adele watched me and picked up on the "game" right away! She still loves playing with bubbles, so we gave her some of her foaming soap in a big bowl of water and she went to town with her stacking cups.


And as usual, Adele still loves carrying her things around the house:

It's never too hot to beg Aunt Dee Dee for her cell phone: "I NEED to put that in my purse!"


Today we went to the zoo again, with Aunt Dee Dee this time. Whatever will we do next weekend when Aunt Dee Dee leaves us???

No comments: