Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Potty Training!!!

I apologize for not having any pictures today, but Adele has been working on potty training, which basically means that she runs around the house without any bottoms on...at all. She has learned how to take her diaper off, and that is usually the very first thing she does when we get home from Miss Jenny's. And off the diaper stays until bedtime. (And even then, once I get her overnight diaper on, she immediately wants to "pee pee"...)

She's making pretty good progress at home. We still put a diaper on her when we go anywhere, and she's great when we're out and about at keeping the diaper on (thank goodness!) She has only had a few accidents, and that was mostly because we didn't get her to the potty in time (once she was strapped in to her high chair, and we didn't understand what she needed.)

She has even pooped in the potty for the past two nights. Hopefully tonight will make the third!

Daddy is not at all into this phase, but I must say, it's kind of exciting watching our "baby" grow up right before our eyes!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I have to admit I'm a little surprised that this isn't Daddy's favorite developmental stage yet . . . how much trouble am I in for saying that?