Okay, enough rambling...here's what we've been up to lately:
We ran:
We danced:
We covered our ears (Adele had a pretty rough time around the 4th of July-suddenly she hated noises and would freak out about them. Fortunately, the phase didn't last too long...)
We wrote!
We wore pigtails!
Had our bandage fall off, and showed off a pretty little scar:
Wore more pigtails, and looked too cute not to take a picture of:
We sat in doll strollers, pushed them around, and generally turned into a "little mommy"-even helping wash big sister in the bath!
We ate...and loved...watermelon (and found a few watermelons growing in our own garden as well!)
We drank watermelon juice (after eating every last bite of watermelon, of course)!
We climbed:
We painted! (Anna's first time with "real" fingerpaint-as opposed to pudding-and it went well!)
We stayed cool by playing inside at the mall:
We went to a cowgirl-themed birthday party (and baked a cowgirl hat cake along with a boot!)
And we got a new, cool 'do: (and of course, played a little rock band...)
Adele and I also went to a special event...Princess Night at the Library!
We met a "real" queen, read princess books, watched a princess video and made a princess craft!
And no...I didn't say that we successfully weaned. We're almost there...as Memaw put it, I'm holding on to these last "baby" days with Anna for as long as I can. She doesn't nurse every day, but, if she wants to cuddle and nurse when she wakes up, it's pretty hard to argue with her! School starts in 3 weeks (ugh-does that make it reality now that I've typed it?) and I'm sure that will be the end of our lazy, snuggly, cuddly, nursing mornings, so I'm enjoying them while I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment