Thursday, December 31, 2009

In Other News...

This morning was our 20 week ultrasound. It looks like Miss Adele will be having a baby sister! Miss Anna Kate looks healthy and strong. She was a little bit stubborn, and it took a while to determine that she is, indeed a girl, but I already had that mostly figured out after the antics she pulled earlier this week!

I've been having contractions for about 2 weeks now, and on Monday they spaced out at just about 3 minutes apart! I didn't feel like I was in labor, but they were definitely more painful than braxton hicks-to me they felt just like the ones I had when I first realized I was in labor with Adele. I called the doctor, and she sent me in to the hospital. Of course, once I got there, the contractions pretty much stopped (I had been cleaning at home, versus laying down on a bed in the hospital). They sent me home after about 45 minutes, but I was put on full bedrest until my appointment today. Even after following doctor's orders all day yesterday (I didn't do quite so well on Tuesday) I had 13 contractions between 5:30PM and 11 last night...and that doesn't count any that I had during the day, before I started counting.

Fortunately, the doctor today doesn't think that the contractions are actually "doing" anything, so I'm off of bedrest (thank goodness!) but she said that this is my "new normal"...so, I guess I can expect them to continue all the way until May-yikes! Daddy says that I have the pain tolerance of a mosquito-I don't know about that, but I do know that 4 more months of contractions (even if they're not all that painful) doesn't sound very exciting to me! I AM excited to be able to play with Adele again-just 2 days on the couch (with Memaw and Bapa here to entertain her!) was miserable! I just love my little girl too much to stay on the couch!

No comments: