Adele was doing pretty well with potty training this fall, then in November we all had a terrible stomach bug. It lasted 8 days (as opposed to 24 hours) in Adele, which pretty much put a damper on her potty training. Then we had DeeDee's wedding, and we were actually GLAD not to worry about potty training during that whirlwind weekend!
Since then, Adele just hadn't shown much interest in potty training. That was fine, after all, she's not even two yet, but tonight she POOPED IN THE POTTY! She was rewarded with a sucker (way better than a jelly bean!) and got to call Memaw to brag.
Now isn't that Just what you wanted to read about when you checked in on my blog?
In other news, she LOVES "little bean" and last night shoved her face into my belly, "kissing" it for several minutes after brushing her teeth. Tonight she tried to feed "little bean" some of her water (right through my belly button, of course!) but she won't help us come up with a name...argh!
We find out if it's a boy bean or a girl bean on New Year's Eve, so hopefully the name game will be easier after that! For right now, all I care about is finding out what to do with the closet full of Adele's clothes that no longer fit...do I sell them or wash them, fold them and put them in a dresser??? It's driving me especially crazy, because I've been "nesting" (or maybe "purging" is more like it) lately. I can't believe that I have an entire closet of clothes that no longer fit a toddler!!! And easily over half of what she wore her first year of life was borrowed (and is already returned) so WHERE did all of those clothes come from??? (Memaw?)
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment