Several years ago, a parent of one of my students introduced the term “Gropp-isms”-terms that her son brought home from school from my classroom. My favorite was that I apparently said (during one of MJ’s scandals, no doubt), “Michael Jackson is not appropriate in second grade” or something-what I’d meant was that it was not okay to sing MJ songs and grab your crotch while in line, but somehow, weeks later when MJ came up at said boy’s dinner table, he made sure to announce that Mrs. Gropp said that he (Michael Jackson) was not an appropriate topic of conversation. As much as I’d like to sit here and embarrass myself about the silly things I’ve said as a teacher, this blog is about Adele, so I think I’ll change gears and share some recent “Adele-isms”
She has recently started talking quite a bit. It’s tough for most people to understand her, the kindergarten teacher in me is recognizing that she drops initial consonants, especially s’s, can’t pronounce k’s, etc, but mostly, it’s just cute listening to her talk! Here are some Adele-isms, and their translations:
A-na Tate! (With a long A!) Anna Kate-she ALWAYS says it with enthusiasm!
Ah-et (Target)
Ninner (Dinner, or lunch, or breakfast for that matter)
Aah None (All done)
Tay Here (stay here- a new favorite at bedtime!)
Del tome (Adele wants to come too)
A-leh-lah (Cinderella)
Laless (Princess)
Bapa (Grandpa)
Momo (Gizmo, memaw and bapa’s dog)
Doh (go)
Per Less! (Polar Express)
Too too (Train, choo choo)
Atch (watch)
Aah ah-lat (or something like that: Hot chocolate)
Ah-lat Milt (Chocolate milk)
Ah-ee (sorry-usually followed with “Mommy”)
Del (Adele)
Bow (Bowl)
Ee Tartul (Be careful)
Poon (Spoon)
I-no (I don’t know-an immediate response to EVERYTHING!)
Baper (diaper)
Boppy-(still working on this one, sometimes it means Barbie, sometimes happy,
sometimes, ???)
Mer (More)
I'm sure there are plenty 'mer' but I can't think of them right now, so I'll just have to add them later.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment