Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Two" Big!

Adele turned two last Friday and we've been celebrating ever since!

She is completely into showing us just how "big" she is!

She has learned to:
Open the refrigerator door...
Take the milk jug out of the refrigerator...
Open the milk...
And sometimes get some milk into her mouth!

She also has figured out how to...

Climb through the rails on the banister on the stairs, therefore bypassing the baby gate...

She also sleeps in a big girl bed, and has figured out that at naptime (and sometimes bedtime) it is more fun to:
Open all of her dresser drawers...
Put clothes on and take them off all by herself...
And remove her diaper...
She can't put a diaper back on by herself yet, but she sure can make a mess with a dirty one!

She also learned how to get out of her bedroom even though she can't quite reach the doorknob.

I went to the store and bought some doorknob covers. I laughed when I read the instructions and they said something like, "Remove from door once child has learned to defeat the product." Not quite 24 hours later, Adele somehow learned how to defeat the doorknob cover. She's only done that once, so I left them on for now...

It seems that our big two-year-old is a little too big for her own good...but we wouldn't have her any other way! And so far, except for a few messes, she hasn't caused any real damage-especially to herself, so I guess we just have to be sure to keep an eye on her at ALL times!

No comments: