Tonight Daddy was out with some friends, so Adele and I had a "girls" night. She desperately needed her nails trimmed, especially with as itchy/rashy as she's been lately, so I tricked her into a trim by pulling out the purple nail polish! That certainly did the trick! She's never been a better "patient" for me! Of course, she insisted that MY nails be painted purple as well!
While we waited for our nails to dry, Adele tried out some yoga. (I go to a prenatal yoga class on Monday nights, and Miss Adele was "membering" that I showed her some yoga last night when she had asked where I was going.) She waked into the TV room and assumed the "downward dog" position. I joined her, and we stayed in downward dog for a minute, then I showed her some other poses. I was amazed at her large motor skills-she could almost do the poses correctly! (Which takes talent when your toddler-sized head is still pretty disproportionate to your body!) She must've forgotten the name "yoga" for a second, because she asked me what we were doing, and when I replied "yoga," she said, "like gogurt?" (yogurt). It was pretty cute.
We ended our yoga session with a great big hug and then headed up to brush teeth. The icing on the cake tonight was the entire bedtime routine with NO tears...AND a sleeping toddler (confirmed by my new video monitor-thanks Daddy!) by the time I waddled myself downstairs!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment