We had decided that this summer we would go to Holiday World for a family vacation. We hadn't planned out when to go-we were just waiting for "good" weather. On June 4th we (well...Brian,) drove Uncle Tim and his family to the airport for their Disney World trip, and Adele started asking about when we were going on our vacation as well.
On the 5th, Anna started walking "officially". She had taken steps before, but she finally realized that she could walk for many steps at a time. We think it had something to do with the fact that cousin Andrew walked like nobody's business while they were here. We also realized that our Wednesday evening was free, so we decided to celebrate Anna's newest skill with a vacation! We found a sitter for Cookie and were able to leave the next day!
We stopped in Edinburgh to eat lunch...and shop. Daddy entertained the girls on the rides while I spent our vacation money and then some:
Adele didn't sleep, but Anna took a nice nap on the ride from Edinburgh to Santa Claus!
Snuggle Time!
Adele's Bed!
Trying out the hotel pool:
I think she likes it!
Our first night in town, we went to the downtown Santa Claus area and went to the Christmas shops. The Post Office with the giant Santa holding a package out front was a big hit!
The girls sat in old fashioned desks at the Santa Claus Museum and wrote their letters to Santa!
Driving the sleigh
Post office:
Tuesday morning we spent some time in the Candy Castle before the park opened. Adele officially made it onto Santa's "Good List" after video chatting with Elf Olivia in the North Pole. *She just has to work on going to bed for mommy and daddy!
The first ride of the trip! Bumper Boats!
Flying High!
Not Mommy's favorite ride...definitely not one to go on right before lunch!
Raging Rapids (you can see pasty Mommy in the black swimsuit/cover, Adele's back is to us, and she's shorter than the chair) This was in the Holiday World side, but we got plenty wet-there were waterfalls that would spontaneously dump water on us as we floated past. It was hot out, so the ride felt great!
Sleepy Anna!
Don't let the previous picture fool you, Anna had a blast and went down as many (if not more!) slides as Adele!
She loved the splash pad as well!
I don't usually like the splash pad, but it was so hot that this one felt great!
Safari Sam!
Ice Cream Break!
See, Daddy was there too!
Holidog!
More Random Pictures:
Sorry for the sideways pictures. I thought I had fixed them, but if I go back and do it now, I'm sure I'll never actually get this blog published (you know...so I can write about the ten million other things that have happened this month!)
No comments:
Post a Comment