On Thursday, we took Anna to the hospital to meet with a pediatric surgeon to discuss her hernia. He decided that it is indeed a hernia, and she will be having surgery to remove it on June 14th (insert prayer request here). Surprisingly, Daddy and I are both at ease about the procedure. I know that it will be tough to see her go into surgery and possibly even worse once she's out, but it is a simple surgery, and an outpatient one at that!
So, Thursday night, Adele and I were "building" doll house furniture from a set that Anna got for her birthday. I had put the couch together and handed it to Adele, who inspected it closely, turning around in her (cute little) hands. Suddenly, she announced that the couch needed an operation.
Hmmm....
I didn't think Daddy or I had said anything to Adele about Anna's surgery, but it was possible that she overheard us talking with Miss Jenny about it, but even then, I didn't think I had used the word "operation". I asked Adele if the couch was hurt, and she just stared back at me.
Perplexed, I did the only thing I knew what to do...I asked Adele to "say more about the operation."
She went on to say, "you know, like some hearts or flowers, or some colors"
Oh. Decorations. Yes, the couch definitely needs some decorations. Nevermind your mommy, who is obviously more upset about this little surgery than she lets on. The funny part is, the couch was about the fifth piece of furniture we had completed, and Adele had not mentioned "decorations" until that point...
Friday, June 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment