On my Blogging! Sorry! First I was waiting to write a blog because a new blog would have bumped all of my most recent videos and pictures to a new page, and I wanted to make sure everyone saw them....and then, well, Life happened. So, if I have any readers out there, here's a quick update on "things":
Last weekend Aunt Katie (aka: Aunt Deedee) came to stay for her spring break (to get some teaching opportunities in....to help with her latest degree). Daddy and I used her visit as an excuse to "escape" for a night so that we could...well...sleep in....on Sunday.
Unfortunately, on Friday when we got home from school, Adele was sporting a little fever. I think it was around 101. We gave her tylenol and hoped that it would go away overnight as all of her previous fevers had done. NOPE! It was still there on Saturday, and getting higher.
I took her to urgent care, but they said she was fine (no ear infection of strep throat) and to go back in in 48 hours if her fever hadn't broken. Since she was "fine" with the exception of the fever (which had reached 103.1), we decided to go ahead and leave for the night, knowing that Adele was in the VERY capable hands of Aunt Deedee.
They did fine, (Despite my NUMEROUS phone calls) and Adele's fever spiked to 103.9 sometime in the middle of the night on Saturday. It started coming down by Sunday but was holding tight around 101.
So the fever continued through Wednesday. YIKES! That's a LONG time for a little one to have a fever! Thank goodness she liked the Motrin we gave her, but unfortunately it didn't keep her fever down for very long, and we could only give it every 8 hours.
She finally went back to Miss Jenny on Thursday, and has been a bundle of energy ever since. (I hear that she was a bundle of energy on Wednesday for Aunt Dede as well....thank goodness Deedee was able to stay home with her, as I had 47 parent-teacher conferences that I REALLY didn't want to reschedule!)
Everyone is happy and healthy now, even though we already miss Aunt Deedee! (Who as it turns out is probably VERY happy to be home again after hearing her most recent news...which I'll share as soon as I get permission, of course!) And I think I'll even have time to upload some pictures later today!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank goodness for sisters huh? I'm glad Adele is feeling better.
Post a Comment