Hi "Buh-Puh!" (Grandpa)
Sharing with Buh-Puh
Helping in Grandma's flower beds:
Playing with Great Aunt Amy and a snapdragon...what fun!
We didn't take too many pictures at the Cottage, but Adele did get to ride in the buggy:
And she did spend a long time trying to figure out this pump!
Daddy, Adele and Cookie arrived at the cottage with Memaw and Gramps while, Aunt Jenny and I along with the other bridesmaids had a "bachelorette weekend" for Katie. Poor Daddy had to watch both girls in a not-very-baby-friendly place. Cookie was an absolute butt, and Adele just wanted to explore. When her aunts and I arrived, things only got slightly better. Adele missed out on the fish fry (bad mommy-I didn't think to remind anyone about her allergies, and they were using peanut oil to fry the food.) Thank goodness for Cousin Carrie who always brings a huge cooler...just in case! The water was green, so no swimming, and Cookie got sent home with Memaw for bad behavior. Adele took a while to fall asleep, but missed out on the fire and fireworks, only to wake up crying inconsolably around midnight. It wasn't the best of trips to the cottage, but I enjoyed being able to bring Adele to a place filled with so many of my favorite childhood memories...maybe it will be a little better next time...
After spending the night at the cottage, we returned to Madison for a couple of fun (sugar?)-filled days at Memaw's:
We took Adele to the House on the Rock, a tourist attraction in Southern Wisconsin. She was quite the trooper as we made our way through the crazy house/museum!
This was her favorite attraction, the Octopus Garden. She danced and danced for anyone who would watch her...and always clapped for herself!
We brought a picnic lunch. Adele helped clean up, and I think I even see a smile...what a nice change from her "serious" look!
Sleeping on Memaw!
We headed back to LaPorte for a yummy pork tenderloin dinner (and for Adele, about a pound of blueberries) and some playtime with cousin James. After another rough night's sleep (Adele went to bed around 10 and was up by 5...ARGH!) I took the girls to a park while we waited for everyone to wake up. We said good bye to Uncle Tim, Aunt Laura and James and headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's for blueberry pancakes. Adele scarfed down more blueberries and we went to Fort LaPlayPorte (what a fun place, I wish I had brought the camera!) and then headed home.
On the way up we hit the twilight zone of McDonalds' (really, you don't even want to know...it was just a mess!), so not wanting to make that mistake again, we opted for Adele's first visit to Chuck-E-Cheese. She had a great time, and honestly, the food wasn't even that bad! Poor Cookie was waiting for us in the car as the temperatures outside rose, so we didn't stay too long, but it was worth it to stretch our legs a little!
We were afraid that she wouldn't like this one, but she ended up riding twice!
Racing against Mommy:
On the Carousel:
2 comments:
Karen,
I think Gramps took a video of Adele dancing in the Octopus Garden . . . maybe he'll share with you and you can post it on the blog. I don't think anyone who loves Adele should miss out on watching her jump around on her tippy toes!
Wow - It sounds like she did great considering she was in brand new places! The only saving grace with traveling with Evan is if someone happens to have an available crib. Otherwise, it's 7 hour nights just like Adele had.
Post a Comment