If I haven't mentioned it before, Adele has become pretty opinionated...VERY opinionated. In fact, lately it's been Adele's way or no way.
This morning, for instance, I was taking her over to Miss Jenny's for a "practice" day at daycare. I spent the morning working in my classroom. Adele has become rather fond of her pajamas. She wouldn't let me take her jammies off to get her dressed. I had to hold her down and wrestle her to get the job done. I got her dressed in a cute onesie/skirt combo and thought we were good. Not so much. I went into the kitchen and started making breakfast and heard Adele fussing in the piano room. I went to see what the problem was and found her struggling to get back into her pajama top. She had it over her had, but couldn't get her arms in. I was already running late so I decided to just go with it and give her to Jenny with jammies over he clothes.
We decided to paint her "toy room" while we're still on vacation, so I took Adele with me to the store on Monday night to buy paint. I offered her pink and green paint chips and she actually took a while to decide on pink. Then I handed her-or tried to hand her a different shade of pink and she pushed my hand away and refused to even hold on to it. So when she's eight years old and hates her pink walls she has no one to blame but herself, right?
No pictures today-maybe I'll upload one of the toy room when I'm done painting.
As for other happenings this month, we had a surprise visit (that wasn't a surprise at all) from Tim, Laura and James for Daddy's birthday. Then Memaw and Gramps came for a nice visit. We went back to Connor Prairie (where Adele ate her first ice cream cone!), visited Monkey Joe's and did some other wild and crazy things that I've already forgotten. They left Friday morning (well...almost afternoon) and we took Adele to her first Indians game (our local AAA Baseball team) with Elise that night, and then around 2:00AM, Aunt Katie stopped in for the weekend. We headed back over to Connor Prairie with her, but the ice cream machine was out of ice cream...bummer! This week has been all about getting ready to go back to school...yuck! Yesterday Daddy took Adele to "Touch a Truck" and they had a blast, and after Adele's nap this afternoon, we're off to the zoo!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment