It's been a while since I blogged last. I had a bad case of mastitis last week, Anna's been teething, and Adele has been itchy. What it all boils down to is that the sleep situation hasn't been great...especially for Mommy, it seems! We have been busy enjoying the fall weather, though (but not so much the "summer" weather that keeps reappearing!) and are definitely getting ready for Halloween!
Last weekend we went to a charity event (I guess?) for one of the local hospitals. They were giving away pumpkins ("one per child" while they lasted, which wasn't long considering people took WAY more than their fair share) and food for a suggested donation of $1.00 per person. Costumes were not required, but what's the point of going to a Halloween event without a costume? Daddy was afraid it wouldn't be well attended, but somehow the word got out. We did take one pumpkin for Adele, but skipped on one for Anna since she's so little (and because we saw families carrying handfuls of pumpkins back to their cars without a single child in sight).
Adele had fun bouncing in a bounce house, we saw a wild cat from South America, as well as some rabbits and ponies (we kept our distance from all of the animals, but they were there nonetheless). Adele had fun dressing up in her Belle costume, but Anna's isn't finished yet, so we improvised.
Beautiful Belle:
"I'll get you, my pretty"
uh...
Make that "I'll get you, my piggies!"
Hanging out eating her lunch on the curb
Did I mention that we started Anna on solid foods?
Well...not doritos yet, of course! She did like playing with the empty bag though! (She doesn't really like to be "left out" during meal times!)
We've taken quite a few walks around the neighborhood looking for "scary boo's" as Adele calls Halloween decorations. She usually waves at them as we walk past. She is also quite fond of picking up "treasures" (Sticks, pine cones, crabapples, apples, acorns-although I get a little freaked out about picking up nuts!, etc.) while we walk.
She also insists on "holding" Cookie at times...which is fine, unless there are chipmunks out and about!
Since it is Fall in Indiana, there are times that it is too hot/cold/windy/rainy (although not so much on the "rainy" this year) to go outside as often as we'd like. Anna is glad for her "new" bumbo seat (on "loan" from a friend from church) for the times when we're stuck inside!
Look at her trying to sit up! (too bad that's not what I was trying to take a picture of!)
Almost:
Finally!
Where is baby Anna? Can you find her?
While Anna eats her toes (or naps...), Adele and I have been making lots of Halloween "art projects" to decorate our house as well...I suppose I should try to take some pictures of Adele with her creations at some point! I feel like Anna gets featured a lot more on my blog right now, but really that's because I feel guilty because I take so many fewer pictures of Anna as compared to how many pictures I took of Adele as a baby...life's rough being the second born, eh?
Last tidbit: Today is Memaw and Bapa's anniversary. I tried all morning to get Adele to say "Happy Anniversary" (so we could send them a little video) but she looked at me with this confused look on her face, then tried to say the words, but all that would come out was, "Happy Versary, Anna!" I guess she heard the name "Anna" in the word anniversary, and Happy Anna Versary didn't sound right to her, so she changed it around!
2 comments:
You made Anna's legwarmers? Neat! I love her improvised costume, by the way.
What little cuties!
Post a Comment