Saturday, April 25, 2009

Something to Blog About...

...how about poop?

I know it has been a *REALLY* long time since I blogged, I'll skip the excuses and just say that today something finally happened that I just couldn't resist blogging about!

Adele went POOP on the Potty!

"What's that?" you say, "I didn't even know you were potty training her...has it really been *that* long since you blogged?"

Nope, it hasn't been *that* long...and no, we're not potty training her just yet. In fact, the info from our 15 month well visit on Wednesday says not to even THINK about potty training yet. Well...of course, that got me thinking about potty training. But, only enough to buy a never-been-used potty chair at a rummage sale for $5.00 today.

(And I must say, the toddler stage "equipment" is SO not as fun as the newborn stuff...think about it, what would you rather sort through...used bouncy seats or used potty seats?)

Anyhow, I bought the seat and was planning on putting in in the downstairs bathroom to use as a stool for now (and to get Adele used to seeing it, I guess), and before I could even get it out of the box, Adele had it figured out. She started lifting the little lid and sitting on it right in the kitchen. She played with it for a while, and eventually I stuck it in the bathroom.

After dinner, I told Adele that we were going to change her diaper and go for a walk. She marched right into the bathroom and sat on her potty. So, I thought I'd get her wet diaper off of her and let her sit on the potty, since she clearly knows that the two are related (Elise at Miss Jenny's is potty training, so I'm not entirely surprised.) Well, I put her down on the potty and she tooted. She looked up at me, a little surprised, so I carefully lifted her off the potty, and sure enough, she had pooped!

I can't say I was actually too happy though, because the thing about potty chairs is that you have to clean them. I wasn't exactly prepared to have to do that yet! I did, however take a picture (which I'll spare you) to prove to Daddy that she had indeed pooped on the potty...since he was sleeping when it happened (And I REALLY didn't want save it for him...).

Now...aren't you glad I blogged tonight? (You should at least feel lucky that I didn't post the picture!)

1 comment:

Amber Connors said...

You know, Evan's doctor is from Cambodia and her kids were poop-trained on the potty by 16 months. She said the potty training stuff is cultural. We've had a potty around here for a few months and Evan goes (1 or 2) once a month or so on it. Good for Miss Adele! :-)