Monday, March 29, 2010

"No Peanuts, Mommy!"

Adele and I went shopping the other day, and I decided to pick up a few goodies for her Easter basket. Of course, she was right by my side, checking out the goodies as well. Unfortunately, it seems that MOST of the Easter candy out there is processed with peanuts, so I was constantly telling her, "Nope, not that one, it has peanuts in it." She would very willingly place the peanut-contaminated product back on the shelf.

Don't worry, I did find some suitable candies, so she won't be completely left out when the Easter Bunny visits!

As we continued our shopping, I went to find a pillow for her big girl bed. I was busy looking at pillows and suddenly she came up to me with a huge tinkerbell comforter/sheets set and announced, "No peanuts, mommy!"

I about died laughing.

Nope, there are no peanuts in that comforter set. She got me. I had no choice but to put it in the cart. (At least until she was distracted enough that she didn't notice me putting it back.)

I just wonder how her little brain processes everything! She is SO good about putting products with peanuts back on the shelf, but with never having eaten or even seen a peanut, I'm sure she has absolutely no idea what I mean when I tell her that something has peanuts in it.

Some pictures that have nothing to do with peanuts:
Just plain cute:

"Doing Beads":



"Building" (a new house, of course...):


Practicing for Anna Kate (wearing her own baby in the sling):

More "Mommy" practice:

Just plain silly...and a little bit "rashy":


Showing off:

At her last haircut, the sytlist gave her a French braid because she was so good!:


Eating a sucker in Mommy's (now sticky) Snuggy:


Yes...she eats a lot of suckers, that's because she has not had ONE SINGLE POOPY ACCIDENT since we started potty training! (And they don't have peanuts, either)...

No comments: