But, if you've been on Facebook lately, you've probably seen that Adele has been sick...again. Currently, she has croup. We managed to get through 2 years, 1 month and 1 week before developing the nasty bug...just in time for Daddy to be out of town, I might add. (Thankfully Memaw and Bapa were here to help out, because BOY did I need them!)
I think I counted that Adele has been to the doctor 10 times since the middle of November when she had that nasty stomach bug...I'm not sure that she's EVER been completely healthy this winter. She has had a runny nose/cough/wheeze for about as long as I can remember!
We had two visits to Urgent Care during February. The first visit was for bronchitis, and there the doctor informed us that she has asthma as well. He sent us away with antibiotics, plus two asthma medications, both in liquid form (which, we learned the hard way, are the least effective, with the worst side-effects, oh joy! We had tantrums pretty much straight for a week or so!) The second was on Saturday for Croup. The doc we saw on Saturday agreed that Adele has asthma, and gave us a nebulizer for her (although not with albuterol, but saline as the medicine to treat the croup)
I took her in today because she still sounds terrible. I also tried to get the asthma diagnosis confirmed from her (to-be-ex) doctor without much luck. It's not that I'm looking for a diagnosis, just acknowledgment of, and a treatment for her seemingly constant wheezing, really! She did give Adele some medicines to help her get over this yucky croup, so at least the visit wasn't an entire waste.
We start with a new pediatrician, who is more food allergy/eczema aware on April 8th...hopefully we won't spend much more time in the doctor's office between now and then!
Friday night, which was by far, Adele's worst night got me thinking about the week that I was overdue with her. Countless people would try to "encourage" me by telling me that it's much easier to care for the baby while she's "on the inside"....and Friday night, I finally "got it!" Anna is all cozy in my belly-I don't ever have to worry about her being up all night not able to breathe, I don't have to worry about giving her medicine or debating whether or not to take her to the ER. I don't worry about whena and what to feed her or changing her diaper...or potty training her...she just hangs out inside of me while I waddle! Most of the day on Saturday it didn't even register that I was pregnant because I was so busy taking care of/worried about poor Miss Adele!
In other news, Adele is still working on potty training. She has had several outings where her diaper stays dry for the entire trip. She has used the potty numerous times at Target (and then announced to everyone in the store that she went on the potty!) And she has stayed dry through entire dinners out as well. I keep a diaper on her during these outings, but she keeps it dry. She had 2 or 3 days last week or the week before where she was consistently pooping on the potty too. Unfortunately, we seem to have 2 or 3 great days, and then without warning, she drops the whole idea of potty training for a week or so, asking only for "bapers" (dipers). I'm not surprised, considering how sick she's been this winter, but it would be nice to get her out of diapers before Anna comes!
As for her "di-doh" (big girl) bed, she is also pretty inconsistent. (Again, being sick all winter can't help with getting a new sleep-routine!) Some nights, when she's fighting bedtime, it's easier just to put her into the crib-she might cry, but at least she won't try on the entire contents of her dresser, or play in her "kitchen" for hours! Some nights she starts out in her big bed, but wakes up crying and asks for her crib (She had her first "night terror" this week too-boy was that a rough night!). Some nights, she simply asks to go to bed in her crib. She has learned how to manipulate mommy and turn bedtime into an hour-long routine...I'm TRYING to get better about that! Tonight (after she took NO nap today) I told her that she could play in her room until her CD turned off (I left it so that there were only 4 short songs left) and then she could read quietly in bed (SO cute!). I came downstairs and heard her playing for about 30 seconds, but when I went up about 20 minutes later, she was zonked out on her bed. I'm not sure I had that much to do with getting her to actually sleep tonight, but it still feels good to have a sleeping (for now!) Adele by 7:30!
Despite how sick she's been, we do have a few cute pictures from this winter that I haven't posted yet:
At the Children's Museum on her birthday weekend with Aunt Dee Dee:
Playing in the snow with Aunt Dee Dee (who is wearing my coat-very confusing, even for the second half of the twin pair!)
At Monkey Joe's during her "second" birthday weekend with Cousin James (You'll notice that James is missing from most of these shots-that is because we discovered that he is not quite as big of a Monkey Joe's fan as Adele is...)
Decorating Birthday Browine-Cupcakes with Mommy.
Cousins in diapers and jewelry...playing Pretty, Pretty Princess:
Lately, Adele will "joke" with us by teasing about where an item goes. She will take a dirty diaper and ask if it goes "in here?", while motioning toward her toy box, the refrigerator, etc. (I know...gross, with a dirty diaper, but she LOVES helping!) Her voice raises up so cute on the word "here". I can just imagine her asking, "in here?" from that spot when we'd asked her to go sit at the table for dinner...
This grouch face was actually taken before her major "grouch" phase hit. I'm pretty sure she was just making faces here, but boy, has she mastered the grouch face when she's really grouchy since then!
No comments:
Post a Comment