Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Indiana Beach!

In honor of Daddy's birthday, and Anna's two-month birthday (not really, but the timing did happen to work out that way), we went to Indiana beach with Grandma, Bapa, Uncle Tim and James. Adele was just tall enough to do the rides with Daddy, and to go on the kiddie rides by herself, and she had a blast!

Anna and I tried our best to stay out of the heat (I didn't get a ride pass, so I was just there to watch!). She showed her angelic side (until the ride home, at least), giving me tons of smiles, and generally just hanging out!

Can it be? A sleeping Anna...in the CAR?

Resting up for the big day ahead!

Bumper Cars with Daddy:

Riding the train with Grandma while Daddy and Bapa rode "Man" roller coasters:


Adele and James sharing a boat:
There was actually some "Drama" on the boat ride...Adele kept ringing the bell, which must have annoyed James, so he turned around and "held" the bell so it wouldn't ring, yelling at Adele the whole time. Adele started crying, and in-between picture taking, I tried to get James to let go of the bell (although, I'll admit, the bells WERE annoying!) Ah...kids!

Bapa's fishing for a smile!

The best part about lunch was the air conditioning! (Well, that and Anna's smiles!)

Adele and Daddy "flying like Peter Pan" on the cable cars:

Riding the ferris wheel with the gang (minus Anna and Mommy):


Grandma teaching Adele about strategy on the water ride!






Antique Cars with Grandma, Bapa and James:




Anna just hanging out in the stroller:


One very excited (and tired!) Adele:


Driving a jeep...just like Memaw! (She was SO serious about steering the jeep, but she did give a few smiles for the camera...I just missed them every time!)

Riding on a whale. There was a mermaid in the middle, but she spun with the ride, so Adele didn't really see her until she was leaving the ride...She tried to run right through the ride to get to the mermaid...SO cute!

Another picture of our happy camper!


Documentation:
That Daddy DID in fact ride the "big" roller coaster before we left. (Bapa didn't believe that he'd actually do it...not that he was scared, just that he was tired.) Daddy said he would ride it many more times if the girls hadn't been ready to leave. I actually think I might have gone on this one too, although I haven't been on a coaster since my 21st birthday (I don't think...).

2 comments:

Katie said...

What roller coaster did you go on on our 21st birthday??

Babyswiss said...

don't know if it was *exactly* our 21st, but it was when I lived at Adams Street, Brian and I went to Great America in May sometime...I'm thinking it was around our B-day because that's when he was in town...it was freezing at Great America, so we left after only an hour or so (partly cuz of the cold, partly cuz I just couldn't handle the rides), and went to the zoo...where it proceeded to get HOT outside.