She put herself down for her own nap today. At nap time, she announced that she was a big girl, and that she would go up to take her nap all by herself. I opened the gate at the bottom of the stairs for her, and told her I'd be up in 5 minutes to check on her.
I expected to hear her door slam, followed by Adele singing either "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" or "Happy Birthday" in her loudest voice.
Instead, I heard nothing. I only waited about a minute (maybe less!) before going up. Her door was closed (guess she finally learned how NOT to slam it), her night light was on, and she was tucked cozily into her bed...Melt my heart!
And....two and a half hours later, this is what I found:
Now if I can just get her to teach Anna to do the same thing...
(Actually, I love snuggling BOTH of my girls at nap/bedtime...too bad Adele isn't one for too many snuggles anymore!)
No comments:
Post a Comment