Friday, July 2, 2010

Where to Start?!?!

I have dozens of cute pictures, even more cute stories, and two sleeping beauties, so I guess it's time to play a little "catch-up"!

Last Thursday Adele, Anna and I were the first participants for "Storytime" at Mudsocks' new location (I know, I know, be sure to write that one down in the history books!) Anna screamed the whole time, but Adele was great. We had to interrupt the story for a potty break, but since she was the only kid there, it didn't seem to matter. It's nice to know that there's a "storytime" two minutes from our house that is free and that I don't have to pre-register for (what's up with having to pre-register for storytime at the library?), in case there are days that I just need to get out of the house in the fall! And since they're not too busy, it won't matter if Anna is a bit fussy!

Then, last Friday I took the girls to our first "playdate" with some (old and new) friends from church. Anna was like Jekyll and Hyde-sleeping or screaming! We stayed later than the other guests, so Skii (the hostess) got some extra snuggle time with Anna, and Adele had a blast playing with Ivan's toys. We had the opportunity to go to another playdate with the same group today, but I had two rough nights' sleep in a row, and a migraine so we stayed home.

Saturday was the Fishers Freedom Fest...our favorite weekend in the summertime. At Daddy's suggestion, I walked the 5K event with my friend Amber (Evan's mom). He stayed home with the girls. Amber and I walked it in under an hour, which was pretty satisfying, since I wasn't quite 6 weeks post-partum yet. It was nice to have an hour (plus time to walk to the park and back) away from the girls, and I think it's one of the only times Amber and I have been together without our kids since we met in grad school!

After the girls woke up we headed over to the Freedom Fest. It was HOT. 90-plus degrees. We managed to spend a few minutes in the childrens' tent, eat lunch and look at a few of the craft booths before heading back home to the air conditioning. It wasn't as kid-friendly as it seemed last year, especially with a screaming Anna in the baby Bjorn, but Daddy got his Kettle Corn, so all was well!

On Sunday, we decided to stay away from the crowds at the Freedom Fest, so Daddy and Adele introduced Anna and I to a new park in Noblesville. It was a blast! I still can't believe how HUGE the slides were, but Daddy says they're slow, since they're usually wet (because of the splash park). Adele had a blast, and Anna wasn't a total grump.
Adele acting like she owns the place:

Anna likes it too!

Adele's "princess smile" at lunch (weirdo!):

On the equipment...Look at those HUGE slides!"









Monday through Thursday brought Memaw and DeeDee, along with the realization that Anna needs sleep. A LOT of sleep. She slept about 20 hours each day this week, and was only awake for about an hour at a time. If she went past that hour of "awake" time, she got fussy...like colicky fussy, only she's not really colicky. If I can get her swaddled and asleep right when she starts yawning, she takes the best naps (in her crib!). If not, it's cat naps between ear-piercing screams while being held...and bounced and rocked. It's not pretty. Too bad Memaw and DeeDee had to be here while we figured that out. Tuesday we took the girls to the zoo, and it just happened that Super Why was there as well. Adele managed to get a nice big hug in as he walked past the zoo entrance!

Anna all gussied up for Memaw and DeeDee:


Wednesday was our anniversary, and after a trip to Conner Prairie for everyone except Anna and I, Memaw and DeeDee graciously volunteered to babysit the girls while we escaped both for dinner, and then for band practice at church. Their ears are probably still ringing, but DeeDee DID manage to get Anna to sleep...and keep her that way, for half an hour just as we got home from church! (We stopped home in-between so that I could feed Anna-she hasn't really needed to take a bottle yet, and we wanted to do everything we could to leave a happy baby with our babysitters!)

Here is DeeDee "sleeping" Adele after babysitting her for the first time:
And here she is "Sleeping" Anna on Wednesday:
Just to be fair, and to show that she hasn't lost her touch, here's Adele sleeping on the couch by DeeDee on Thursday morning (she was up at 6:30, but DeeDee convinced her to catch a few more zzz's:


After Memaw and DeeDee left, we watched Laureli, our neighbor's two-year-old for a few hours. It was actually nice having a playmate to keep Adele company, but I'm not sure how I could've done it without Brian (although, I did have them all by myself for about 45-minutes) because Anna needed to be put down for two naps, and her "nap routine" can take a little while still.

Today was pretty low-key as well, but somehow it worked out that the girls napped at opposite times, so I was able to have some good snuggle time with each girl, separately, which I loved, despite my poor migraine! We got Anna's birth certificate and ate lunch (well, a mid-afternoon snack, really) at Buffalo Wild Wings. I got both girls bathed, then Daddy left for a concert, and I did bedtime with virtually NO tears from ANYONE! Okay, there was SOME crying, but it was really nothing compared to what we've had from either of them in the evening lately! Anna was insanely happy (is there such a thing?) tonight...a first...ever, I think, and Adele was just plain tired. She moaned a little, but didn't really cry when I left her room after saying goodnight.

And just for fun, some more pictures:

Anna looking a little bit like her mommy (???):


Sleeping little "rock star"


"Mommy" Adele:

Sleeping Sweetie:

2 comments:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark B said...

Yes, little Anna does look like mommy! Love you girls! xoxoxox, Bapa