Adele is terribly adorable right now. She is so excited for Christmas. I've been trying to keep CHRIST in Christmas this year with her (well, we have since her first Christmas, really...thanks to her little people nativity set from Aunt Dee Dee) and I planned out some daily activities and crafts to help with the Christmas spirit around here. (Maybe I just miss teaching...it was kind of fun writing "lesson plans" for the month.) She seems to have inherited her Daddy's ability to sniff out any and all presents/surprises before they are given (and even purchased in some instances), because she is SURE that she wants a doll house for Christmas, as well as a Clubhouse for the back yard, and surprise, surprise, both gifts are already purchased. One is in our garage, and the other is at Bapa Gropp's house, currently "under construction". I can't wait to see the look on her face when she gets to open her presents.
Adele's favorite word right now is "even." She begins every sentence with it. It's pretty cute. I don't know where she got it from, but I wanted to document it before she stops. Another cute "language" thing she is doing right now is using the word "anything" instead of "nothing" (and "any" for "no") She also uses "something" all the time. As in, "Mom, I need something." but won't tell us what. Or, she'll say, "I need anything" when she needs nothing.
Several weeks ago on a morning before school, we took Anna for her 6-month check up. While we were at the doctor's office, Adele got her flu shot. Now, every time we drive to school Adele asks repeatedly if she is going to get a shot. Poor thing! I hope I haven't scarred her for life!
Speaking of asking repeatedly, yesterday on our way home from our playdate, Adele asked a million times for a piece of gum (yes, I'm a bad mom and let her chew gum...). Finally I turned around (at a red light...) and told her that if she asked again for gum before we got into the house, I would throw the gum away when we did get home. She got the message. No more asking for gum until the second she crossed the threshold into the garage door. Smartie pants.
Okay, I think that is about all for now.
"Even my face have anything on it?"
Anna couldn't let her sister be the only one with food all over her face:
No comments:
Post a Comment