Well...they don't close for rain, but they DO close for flooding. And flooding there was! Not near our house, thank goodness, but in lots of other areas nearby (in fact, our town even made the paper up at Grandma and Grandpa's house!) So, that teaches me to not have the news on in the morning!
Forget cleaning while Anna napped, suddenly Memaw I had two extra hours (okay...minus a few minutes driving) to spend with Adele (read: entertain Adele).
Fortunately, for me, Memaw had turned Sesame Street on while I was napping Anna. When I got downstairs, there was a segment (is that what they're called when you're talking about a kid's show?) where some kids were making stuffed tortillas. I looked at the clock...we had a decent amount of time to do a "cooking project" and get Adele back into her clothes (she changed back into her princess dress before the door had even closed behind her upon arriving home!) before it was time to go *back* to school.
I looked online, but couldn't really find a recipe, so I faked it (I've been getting pretty good at that lately).
We mixed together some flour, oil and water to make the "dough." Rolled it into little balls, shaped the balls into "bowls", filled them with cheese, closed the dough back over the cheese, squashed them into little pancake-looking tortillas, and fried them up. They weren't bad. In the show they "stuffed" their tortillas with beans AND cheese, but I kept it simple. They also made guacamole to spread on top of their cooked stuffed tortillas, but I was fresh out of avocado.
They weren't half bad...
So...Thank you, Sesame Street for helping me find a productive way to entertain my big girl for a few minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment