Seriously, people...April Fool's Day was ages ago! (I only did that because Daddy told Aunt Laura and Uncle Tim that I was pregnant this weekend, and the entire idea of being pregnant was appalling to me.)
I feel like Anna's big sister has been a bit neglected on this blog lately, but she has been just as busy, cute, mischievious (and fussy...) as ever, so here are a few Adele "milestones" to share:
Yesterday, while watching SuperWhy, Adele read the word 'bed' all by herself, way before the TV prompted her to do so! I'm not sure quite what went on in her little head, but she looked at the word and said "bed" in a "duh" voice...and THEN the TV prompted the kids to sound out the /b/ and then /ed/ before putting it together and saying 'bed'...I thought that was quite impressive!
The second milestone is that Adele managed to wear the same outfit for. the. entire. day. Except...she went to her "Gym and Swim" class at the Y...which is just what it sounds like-they play in the gym, and then swim in the pool. No, she didn't swim in her outfit, nope, she actually changed into her suit for the swimming portion of the class, and then got back into the SAME outfit afterward, and continued to wear it all day....despite cleaning her room (which was temptingly covered in both dress up and regular clothes...)
With the egg-citement of Easter over the past few days, I decided to go ahead and try giving Adele some eggs, to see if she would react to them (you know, because one spotted, rashy girl just wasn't enough for this mommy...) I tried hard boiled eggs in a salad, and then scrambled eggs. Adele didn't really care for the eggs, which isn't surprising, considering she hasn't eaten them for two years, but she also didn't break out! I'm going to keep giving her small bits of egg to help build her tolerance! While I'm egg-cited about her outgrowing another allergy, my bigger excitement stems from the fact that I'm finally starting to let myself believe that there is a possibility that she will eventually outgrow her peanut allergy too!
And my last Adele story isn't really a milestone, just some cute new "Adeleisms" that are clearly part of my vocabulary when I stop and think about it...(read the previous paragraph...)
I'm going to go ahead and do blah blah blah....(this is usually followed by "change my clothes"...except for today!)
ugh...check back later for the other one, my mind has drawn a complete blank, except that I think the "funny" word she uses starts with a p....probably? practically? It's just not coming to me....argh!
No comments:
Post a Comment