(Alternately titled: Mommy Needs a New Nose for Christmas)
We have had a few whirlwind weeks. Anna has switched babysitters, she is teething, and she has an ear infection. All of this means one thing: Fussy, Not-very-fond-of sleeping-through-the-night Baby!
Daddy was out of town last night, and by some miracle Anna actually slept. all. night. long. We woke up, went for a 4 mile run, headed down to my school for the annual pancake breakfast, garage sale, Veterans' Day program and book fair. I was planning on taking the girls swimming, but the weather was so great, we went to Holliday park instead. The girls had an absolute blast!
We got home in time for lunch and Anna's nap, which she took without a fuss.
Memaw arrived just before Anna woke up. Since Daddy wasn't planning on being home for dinner, we decided to head to Kohl's to pick up a new pair of "footie" pajamas and then to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. Just before we left, Anna pooped. I remember that I was glad that I wouldn't have to worry about poop on our little shopping trip.
At Kohl's, Anna pointed to her diaper and said, "poop". I didn't think anything of it because that's what she always says. Looking back, however, she also started to take her clothes off in the middle of the store. That was a bit odd, but not at all unlike her sister.
We got to Ruby Tuesday shortly after 5:30. I was a bit shocked that they had a 20 minute wait, but figured that it was early enough that the girls could wait to eat. I was wrong. Anna's behavior was so atrocious (screaming, wiggling out of our arms/her seat/wherever we tried to put her, reaching for anything and everything) that Memaw and I decided that we had better leave. We asked to get our food to go, since we had already been to the salad bar, and waited some more. By the time our food came out, Anna had finally started snuggling me, and had calmed down a bit, but her sister had taken over for her and was bouncing off the walls.
The drive home seemed incredibly long. Adele decided to practice her growl. Anna thought that was hilarious and growled with her, in addition, there was singing and squealing and possibly even some shrieking. When we got inside, I put the girls at the table and tried to feed them. Anna ate a little bit of her food but wasn't very interested. I let her down and decide to get her into her pajamas. It was then that I felt her squishy, bloated diaper. When I changed her, it was clear that she had been poopy for quite some time. Quite. Some. Time. Oops.
No wonder Anna had been a royal pain in the butt-she had a royal mess on her butt! For our entire trip. Mommy of the year right here, folks.
The best part (and by best, I mean worst...) is that all morning on our little adventure, I was constantly checking to see if Anna had pooped, and when I changed her dirty diaper before we went shopping, I made a mental note to remember that it was a small poop in case she wasn't quite finished. I can't remember even thinking about her diaper after that moment, though. I didn't even bring the diaper bag in to Kohl's OR Ruby Tuesday's even though it was out in the car-I just plain didn't think I would need it.
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment