Friday, November 4, 2011

Stats

I had a few moments tonight, so I figured it was time for an update on how the girls are doing. Time is going by so quickly that I forget to take time to write down the cute things that they are doing!

Anna's vocabulary is skyrocketing right now. Her cutest new word has to be "bubbles" because she annunciates it perfectly. Her favorite game is "chase" and she has even started to do the chasing. She will run away into another room and shout our names, expecting us to run after her. Sometimes she runs away, other times she runs up and "attacks" us...17 months is a FUN age! She has discovered all of the scrapbooks Memaw has made and absolutely loves looking at all of the pictures and pointing out different people. She is convinced that DeeDee is Mommy and that baby pictures of Adele are "Nana" but other than that, she does well with recognizing family members (All of this looking at scrapbooks has me on a roll again with my blog-trying to get MY memories of the girls recorded in some fashion!). In addition to recognizing us, she is getting to know her princesses by name, as well as many Sesame Street characters (including Zoe and Abby which still seem "new" to me-so it's always shocking when she knows them!) She has developed a strong love for books and of course, her Elmo books are her favorites at bedtime each night! She has a new babysitter this week, and has adjusted very well, especially considering that she had a "Daddy" weekend, followed by two stay-home-with-Memaw days before beginning with her new babysitter.

Adele continues to be her usual spunky self. This week her class learned different nursery rhymes. She is so amazing! After one day spent on each rhyme, she has learned Old King Cole, Hey Diddle Diddle, Mary Had a Little Lamb (I think that is the only one she knew before) and one more that I can't think of right now. She absolutely wants curly hair right now and will try to will it to curl just by staring at it. I even tried to use a curling iron on it tonight, but nothing would make her hair hold a curl. Oh well...someday maybe she'll appreciate her hair for what it is! Adele's favorite activity right now is anything having to do with drawing or painting. She will sit at the kitchen table for hours and draw picture after picture. Often she'll draw the same picture over and over again, always writing labels (usually names) along with her drawings. It is so cute to watch her at work-tongue sticking out of her mouth in full concentration! Adele is very fond of "twirly" dresses at the moment, and has had some interesting outfits because of this...obsession. Bapa and I spent a Sunday afternoon at Goodwill a few weeks ago picking out some 99 cent twirly dresses for Miss Princess. We picked up a bike as well, and Adele has been practicing riding it! She is practicing counting backwards from 10 and counting to 100 by 10's...the child amazes me!

We had a ton of snuggle/play/giggling time tonight, and I am just so in love with my girls! Anna decided to strip naked shortly after dinner, and Adele isn't one to wear a lot of clothes anyway, so as soon as she saw that Anna was naked, she stripped down as well. I decided to go ahead and throw my naked girls in the bath. They played forEVER in the tub, but it was still plenty early, so we had some good playtime before heading up to bed. I have been so busy since returning to work that it was nice to just sit back and enjoy my girls for the evening!

No comments: