Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a pretty fun Valentine's Day today. Adele was up almost all night coughing...rather, WE were up all night listening to Adele cough...she actually slept through her coughing fits for the most part. Daddy tried to sit with her in the chair around 1:30 (I think...) and again around 2 or 2:30, but she wouldn't sleep while he held her. Around 4:30 she was coughing pretty hard, and I didn't want to risk having her wake up for the day, so I went in and held her in the chair (I didn't know that she hadn't slept for Daddy). I guess I was the lucky parent, because she slept on me until 7:30!!! I only slept on and off, but I did get a good chunk of sleep in between 6:30 and 7:30!

Daddy wasn't feeling well, so he slept in, and then after he did wake up, he took a nap on the couch. Adele and I played around him. She loved bringing her toys over to him and didn't seem to mind that he was unresponsive. After a short morning nap by Miss Adele (she really should take sleeping lessons from Daddy!) we headed to Red Lobster for lunch. I figured that the lunch crowd would be smaller today, plus Adele is generally happier in the middle of the day, and it's tough to time going out to dinner with Adele's bedtime being so early, especially on Valentine's Day!

We had a nice lunch and stopped by the mall so I could finally get some jeans that fit. Yay! I spent the most I've ever spent on jeans on them, but they're a size smaller than I thought I was (What a GREAT Valentine's day present!) and they fit really well...so they're TOTALLY worth it!

We came back home to some mystery gifts on our front door. I think there were two separate gifts, one from Jenn (and Will and Ainsley) and one from Laureli, but I'm not one hundred percent sure. Oh well...I'll figure it out eventually so we can write thank-you's!

Adele is sleeping, Daddy's working in the office, the kitchen is clean, and last week's laundry is FINALLY folded (yes....you read that right...) so I guess I'm off to facebook for some social networking....

No comments: