Yesterday we had lunch with Amber and Kelly (My grad school friends) Evan came too, of course. Evan is Adele's "boyfriend". He is about 19 months old. He listens to what his mom says...or at least, understands her, and chooses whether he wants to listen or not. I asked Amber how old he was when he started responding to her, because as of yesterday we could tell that Adele understood us, she just wouldn't respond to our requests, and I wondered if we needed to be doing something differently
I don't remember what Amber said (bad mommy!), but apparently Adele was listening, because today she did everything we asked her to. Including walk! She walked pretty well all afternoon! She rolled a ball back and forth with me, and even went and got it once (and then it felt like I was playing fetch with my daughter, so I stopped "playing"). At bath time, she helped me pick up the toys!
So, Thanks Amber!!!
Oh...she didn't respond to our "request" to take her foot off of the table...that's why she's grounded. If you missed that picture, where have you been? I've already posted it twice!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Evan understands, but now he makes demands! He grabs our clothes or fingers to lead us to what he wants. Talk already kid!!! (He doesn't know what a cow says - Adele's one up on him there.) We had fun at lunch! The babies were good!
Post a Comment