Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy One Month Birthday, Anna!

Our baby girl is one month old today! Oh how time flies!

When she was born, we swore that even though she was a bigger baby than Adele, Anna seemed MUCH smaller, well, either our memories were faulty, or Anna is growing at a phenomenal rate. She has outgrown most of her 0-3 month clothing, including her sleep sacks, She has a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so I'll see how officially "big" she is then, but I know that Adele wore her sleep sacks well into her second month, and she was in the 95th percentile for height...

In addition to all the growing she's been doing, Anna has had a busy month!
She has...

Met all 4 of her grandparents, along with some of her aunts and uncles and several friends
Been to 3 free summer parks concerts (with many more to come, we hope!)
Been to the Indianapolis Zoo, Conner Prairie, the YMCA and the Children's Museum
Gone grocery shopping at Kroger (exciting, I know!)
Stayed at a hotel in downtown Indy
Met Super Why, Clifford, and a ton of other PBS characters
Been out to eat at Puccini's (twice!) and the Roost
Transitioned from her co-sleeper in Mommy's bed to her own crib
Fallen asleep ON HER OWN at least twice (once in her crib!)
Worn cloth diapers
Outgrown Pampers' newborn size diapers (Adele didn't do this until she was 7 or 8 weeks old!)
Slept a 6-hour stretch at night (twice, I think!)
Completely melted the hearts of her entire family!!! (We love you, baby Anna!)

And, even though she's growing up, she still...
Hates the sling and the Baby Bjorn
Strongly dislikes "tummy time"
Prefers mommy to just about anyone else (although Daddy has his moments!)
Hasn't quite figured out her days/nights

I'm sure there's more, but Daddy's not here to remind me, and sadly, we don't take as many pictures as we used to either...

In other news:

Tonight Anna had her first "real" bath-we had been doing sponge baths until now, mostly because she didn't really care for her baths, and that's faster. Well, tonight, Daddy and Adele took Cookie to a park, so I had some one-on-one time with a very well rested Anna (despite my habit of putting my foot in my mouth, my last blog post did not at all affect Anna's sleepiness! She definitely made up for her lack of sleep yesterday with all the sleeping she did today!)

Back to the bath-Anna LOVED it! She was a little bit hesitant and started fussing when her feet first touched the water, but by the time she was fully in the tub, her eyes were wide open and I could tell she was loving it! She didn't even mind getting her hair washed! She was still pretty upset afterward, but I think that was because she was cold.

And now she's making cute little baby noises upstairs in her crib, so I think I'll go snuggle her (you know, before she leaves for college or something!) And I promise that my next blog posting will include some pictures!

No comments: