Today was a wonderful day!
Anna and I woke up "first" at 9:30 (okay...she had been awake nursing on and off since about 3, sleeping for maybe 30 minutes max in between nursing sessions....but by 9:30 I was ready to go downstairs to get some coffee!) Daddy and Adele got up closer to 10! (What two year old sleeps in until 10???). We all seemed well-rested and peaceful.
Anna spent the morning looking around at everything. She has started looking for/at Adele when she talks, which is cute to see! She definitely recognizes my voice, and will usually look around for Daddy when he talks, so it's fun to watch her recognize Adele's voice as well!
Yesterday was NOT a good day for me, Anna wanted to nurse all day, and when she wasn't nursing, she was most likely screaming (for up to an hour at a time...until I finally caved in and let her nurse some more) Daddy kept whisking Adele off for fun activities (to get her away from Anna's screaming!), and then I felt isolated and pretty lonely...but I didn't want anyone to come over, since I also felt like a human pacifier! I also had NO idea how I could ever handle both girls on my own if Anna was going to demand my attention all of the time! I felt so bad for Adele, because when Anna is screaming at the top of her lungs, and Adele decides not to listen to Mommy, I tend to get a little bit (and maybe even a lot...) short with her, and that's not fair to Miss Adele!!!
Anyhow...
I was determined to stay in a good mood today. I suppose it helped that by 12:00 there still had been minimal fussing by EITHER girl! Anna was great for Daddy while I showered (she only fussed for her diaper change!) so, I figured that since both girls were happy, it was time for me to take them on a little outing. First Adele told me she wanted to go to Target, but then she changed her mind saying that Target was "too busy" so we went to Starbucks instead. Adele was a perfect angel-she followed my ground rules perfectly (hold my hand or the carseat on the way in to the store, stay by mommy while I pay money, sit in your chair to drink your milk) in fact-I had to pry her little hand off of mine so that I could open the door when we left! Anna fussed a tiny bit while we were there, but as soon as I took her out of her carseat, she took her pacifier without a fuss and fell asleep in my arms. She made a grouchy face when I put her back into the carseat, but only had fake little fusses on the drive home (lately she screams most of the time she's in the carseat-she will calm down eventually, but only if the drive is long enough) We weren't gone long, but it was so good for me to have such a great experience on my own!
The rest of the day was smooth as well! Anna had a little bit of crying after I ate lunch/before one of her naps, but it didn't get to me like the crying did yesterday. Daddy got some great video footage of Adele talking and singing to Anna. I'm not sure when he'll get it edited (he's very busy with one of his video games right now...and another one comes out this week) but I'll post it eventually!
Tonight we decided to introduce Anna to our Homebuilder's group at church. We made a short appearance and then headed to Puccini's (or Miss Hini's as Miss Adele calls it) for dinner. Once again, both girls were on their best behavior! I did end up having to nurse Anna at dinner, but that was just how the schedule worked. For part of the dinner she sat quietly in her carseat, looking around at everything. Adele was definitely much older than 2 1/2 weeks before she behaved that well at a restaurant!
Hopefully the good days will continue to outnumber the bad days, but if they don't, at least I've got Daddy home for the summer!!!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment