Anna is spending her 1 month birthday asleep...and that's fine with me!
Yesterday Anna had a pretty rough go of it. Adele, Anna and I went to Kroger in the morning, and Anna pretty much fussed the whole time. I ended up rocking her car seat with one arm while pushing the cart with the other. Thankfully Adele was an ANGEL and stayed right by my side. It was just too bad that most of the items that I needed were up too high for Adele to reach, or she would've actually done all of the shopping as well!
Of course, Anna fell asleep as we got to the check out line (Don't get me wrong, that was WONDERFUL!) and as soon as we got home, she was wide awake again. So much for a morning nap!
When she fell asleep later in the afternoon, I put her into her crib, and she slept about 45 minutes there, but that was during the time that she usually takes her LONG (at least 2 hours) nap. Fortunately, when she woke up she was happy, and I was able to get some cleaning done while she watched from her bouncy chair.
As soon as 6:00 rolled around, though, she was a major fuss! She fussed or nursed until almost 11, and was so tired it looked like her poor eyes were propped open with toothpicks! We had our neighbors over for dinner, and their poor ears are probably STILL ringing! At one point, Angelia had Anna asleep and asked me if she should put her down in the bouncy chair, I quickly responded, "Can you just hold her a little bit longer?" knowing that she'd likely wake up the second Angelia put her down. Angelia did hold her a bit longer, then low and behold, as soon as she touched the bouncy chair, she was up screaming again.
By 10:00 I didn't think I could stand up much longer, much less walk, sway and bounce Anna like she wanted. My head was throbbing from her constant screaming. I think that my only saving grace was that I've been there before....and I knew that she would sleep, eventually! (My proof was upstairs sleeping through Anna's fits!)
Somehow, I got her to sleep in the rocking chair in her room. I know it was around 11, but can't be sure of exactly what time it was. At 12:00 the alarm clock went off...oops! I was fiddling with the buttons trying to turn a CD on and must've set the alarm! I realized that we had both fallen asleep in the chair, but didn't want to put her down in her crib yet. The next time I woke up, it was 5:45. Adele was the one crying. I went ahead and tried to wake up Anna to feed her, but she was pretty darn sleepy. At that point, I figured she'd be up soon, so there was no point in putting her in the crib...nope. We both fell back asleep. I tried to wake her up again at 7 with no luck. We didn't get up until 8:30 when Adele woke up for the day, and even then, Anna ate and went right back to sleep.
Finally she did wake up for an hour or so around 11, and then when she got sleepy (around 12:30, maybe), I went upstairs and put her down "sleepy but awake" in her crib. She looked around for a while, and fell asleep on her own...no tears!
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment