Friday, September 3, 2010

Adele Starts Preschool!

Anna isn't the only one growing up too quickly around here! Adele started preschool today!

(I guess it's not *technically* preschool-it's the Mother's Day Out program at our church, but she's in a class with other kids her age, and calls her teachers Mrs. ___, so it counts as "school" in my book!)

Adele was more than ready to grab her "papat"and Tinkerbell lunchbox and leave Mommy and Anna in the dust this morning! She was so ready, in fact, that it was hard to take a picture of her! I tried again at pick-up time, but the girl is really giving my non-existent photography skills a run for their money! At home, she *demanded* that I take her picture next to Cookie, and refused to hold still, and she was just about the same next to the preschool sign (and I was also holding a fussy Anna for those...)






I had great plans of cleaning while she was gone, but Anna took a short nap and then was only happy when snuggling her mommy. I think she was a little lost without big sissy home to entertain her. I soaked up the snuggle time...my neck even got sore from staring down at sweet little Anna!

Adele talked non-stop on the ride home about her day. Apparently one of her teachers was "a little bit naughty." When I inquired as to why, Adele told me that the teacher "made a big mess." She also told me that two teachers were crying. At that point, I was pretty sure that she has NO idea what the difference between "teachers" and "students" was (that or she was playing her "game" of role reversal at school too!) At least, I'm hoping that's the case, because there are only two teachers, and I would hate for them BOTH to have cried on the first day of school!

Over the summer, when I got the enrollment information I freaked out about her food allergies. Fortunately, this morning, I was fine. I left a note and a bag of goldfish in her backpack for her snack and that was that. It was MUCH easier to leave her than I had thought...especially when the teachers IMMEDIATELY asked me about snack when I appeared in the doorway-knowing they *remembered* Adele (or her neurotic mommy) made me feel pretty secure that they'd be diligent about keeping her away from "scary" foods!

No comments: