Wednesday, September 15, 2010

That Was Then...

I don't know why that post didn't publish until today (User malfunction, I'm sure...) BUT...it's made a complete liar out of me!

Anna has been up A TON the last two nights. So much so that I decided to let her...cry...it...out! There are probably a billion previous blog posts from around May of 2008 where I struggled with this SAME issue with Adele...well, except that this time, I think it's actually working!

Granted, Anna is a much (Shh...don't tell Adele) easier baby that her sissy was, and I think that is playing an important part in both her (and MY) ability to actually cry it out! She's not doing great in the middle of the night (will cry for half an hour before I go in to soothe her...and usually end up nuring her) but evenutally she'll cry for about 10 minutes and conk out. Adele NEVER did that...of course, part of the problem with letting Adele cry it out was that MOMMY couldn't handle it. In fact, Monday night (our first night of letting Anna cry) Daddy offered to take Tuesday off to help me cope. I didn't need him to! I knew I'd be tired (I couldn't sleep while she was crying...but hey, I wasn't sleeping when she was up wanting to nurse every hour either!) but it didn't bug (or physically hurt!) Me the way it did when we tried with Adele. I KNEW Anna needed sleep, KNEW she wasn't possibly hungry, and when she just squirmed while I held her, I KNEW she didn't really need me there to comfort her. It still isn't easy to let/hear her cry, but hey, it's working!

For naps, it's been even easier! I still swaddle her and either nurse her or rock her with her paci till she's asleep (What can I say, I LOVE the cuddle time!!!) BUT...if she cries when I put her in her crib, I give her once chance, and then let her cry a little. I'm not sure what I'll do during the day if she cries for longer than 15 minutes or so, but for now it's working...and she's taking decent naps!

Well, I'm sure as soon as I click "publish post" I'll be jinxed somehow, but for now, it's working...and I like that!

No comments: