Monday, September 20, 2010

Tales of a Desperate...

Housewife???

Seriously. Adele is at school, and apparently (because I was planning on taking her to get groceries) Anna is taking the longest nap. Ever. I mean it. I feel like a "housewife" rather than a stay-at-home mom! (And I'm not really liking it...)

We got home from dropping Adele off, and Anna was clearly in need of a nap. So, I "napped" her. I rushed downstairs so that I vacuum before she woke up. (Morning naps have been...short...lately.) I cleaned up the floor as quickly as I could, and debated "weeding out" some of Adele's toys, but decided not to waste this opportunity to vacuum. Well, just as I plugged in the vacuum, one of my favorite songs came on the radio (Round Here by Counting Crows, if you *must* know-I'm a loser like that). I decided I just *couldn't* vacuum while that song was on. So I...wait for it...DUSTED! (Haven't read here before?...I HATE dusting!)

I tried to dust quickly, as in-for just the length of the song, but that didn't work, so about 2 songs later, I finally turned on the vacuum...sure that Anna would be up instantly due to my...dusting detour.

Nope.

I vacuumed the whole room, put furniture back, weeded out some toys, checked the monitor to make sure it was working, and sat down to write the previous blog.

Checked the monitor again....still sleeping, peacefully.

So, I checked email, and facebook, and caught up on my blog-reading. I checked the monitor again (and shook it a little this time, just in case!). STILL sleeping...c'mon kid, I'm hungry and we have NO food (not that you've noticed...)

So, I did the only thing I could do...I started sweeping the kitchen...surely she'd wake up just as soon as I'd moved all the furniture out of the room, right? Nope. I swept, swiffered AND mopped. She's still out.

If we don't get groceries soon, we won't have time before we have to pick Adele up from school.

Now that I've successfully blogged (whined?) about Anna's stellar napping abilities, I'm sure to get no rest this afternoon, and I'll get to get groceries with two in tow (and I won't feel at all like a "desperate housewife" anymore!)


WAKE UP, KID...

....so Mommy can stop cleaning!!!!

No comments: