Of course, now that I've finally gotten around to blogging again, I forgot what I was going to blog about.
Well, here are some updates:
As of today, Anna can craw!!!!!l....granted, she crawls backwards, but she can get across a room in no time! I figure she'll figure out how to go in circles soon enough, and then it won't matter which direction she crawls in! (I can't believe I just typed that. I can't believe my baby can crawl...well, kind of.)
She also got herself into a sitting position from being on her tummy, but hasn't done it since yesterday (too busy crawling backwards, I guess).
She still wakes up about a billion times at night and will only go back to sleep if I nurse her. That's not really good news, or exciting news...and I've tried to let her cry it out, but that turns into "Screaming it out" and that's just wrong.
Adele is pretty funny lately. I'm working on another "Adeleisms" post, but as you can see, I've been doing a ton of blogging lately, so we'll see how that turns out. Right now I can't remember any of her funny little sayings.
She has become quite the little puzzle...solver? She loves doing puzzles. She has many different puzzles, and can even do her 48-piece ones on her own!!!
She is getting very excited about her third birthday...asking every morning, "Am I three today?" (oh-I guess that could go in my Adeleisms post...). She decided that she wanted a Curious George cake, but they didn't have Curious George (or any monkey, for that matter) plates/birthday "supplies" at Target, so she switched to Hello Kitty (which is actually easier, because I can just use white frosting.) I'm excited (and nervous) about decorating her cake.
She is very thankful that we have snow again, and has spent quite a lot of time playing in the snow in the past 48 hours.
Also, I think she is outgrowing her oat allergy. I made oatmeal raisin cookies for our neighbor as a "thank you" for snow blowing our driveway and Adele asked to eat one. I watched her very carefully and she didn't show any signs of a reaction. She has been eating Anna's "puffs" lately, which have oat in them, so who knows, maybe she de-sensitized herself!
Well, I don't think I could have written a more boring blog if I had tired...maybe tomorrow I'll post some pictures or something :)
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck with the cake decorating. You should use a buttercream (shortening and powdered sugar) frosting with the colors if you use them. It sticks up really stiff...if you need some help, give me a call. I can guide you. ;-)
It's not boring with Anna crawling! And Adele doing puzzles and eating oats!
Post a Comment