Friday, January 28, 2011

Crazy Eights!

At 7:47 this morning, Anna was 8 months, 8 days, 8 hours and 8 minutes old. I have no idea what "second" she was born at....probably Aunt Dee Dee is the only one who would even care about that!

In order to "celebrate" I'm writing a much needed blog post with 8 different topics in it!

1. Say Cheese!
Yesterday Adele went to the dentist for the first time ever. A long time ago, a terrible mommy told her about getting a shot in your mouth (before getting a filling) and she was terrified. I made the appointment on Wednesday afternoon, and we got in on Thursday, so fortunately, Adele didn't have very long to work up a panic! I found some good YouTube videos of kids at the dentist, and she was actually....almost....excited? to go by the time our appointment rolled around. She was very concerned about what color the chair would be. She chose to sat in my lap in the *tan* chair, so I didn't have a chance to take pictures while we were there, but she was VERY good, and loved every minute of the attention that was showered on her!


2. Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!
Speaking of teeth, I lied. Anna only has her bottom two teeth. The top ones are there, but still under the gums. She has finally let me into her mouth to get a better look. If I were a gambler, I'd bet that the top teeth will be in soon if getting her down for her afternoon nap today is any indication.

3. Relentless
Everyone has heard of the "Terrible Two's" but I think I'm calling Adele's Three-year-old phase the "Relentless Threes" She has been SO demanding lately, and EVERYTHING must go her way. Its a bit tiring at times...especially if you know about the "matching underwear" struggles that were already going on in our house! I must hear, "No, mom!" about fifty times a day lately..and some other (cute) sayings that I'll write about soon! As for now, let me just say that I think she'll make a fine lawyer some day. "Mom, take my picture"

4. Who's That Baby in the Bed?
Anna has been helping me make my bed each day. When I carry her into the bedroom she starts shaking with excitement and basically tries to jump out of my arms into the bed. She giggles and smiles the whole time I pull the sheets and blankets up around her…who knew making the bed could be so fun?

5. Shaving Cream and Jelly Beans
We didn’t have much going on on Wednesday after Adele’s 3 year check up, so I put some shaving cream in the bathtub and let Adele play. She had a blast, and requested more shaving cream during her bath on Thursday night! I kept Anna away from the shaving cream, but may let her explore with some whipped cream sometime! She sure loved watching Adele lather up!

6. Creepy Crawlies
I had Anna sitting in the middle of a pile of toys while I was making lunch, but when I peeked in to check on her, she wasn’t there! She had crept and crawled several feet across the room and was peeking around the loveseat at me! (note: This picture is also a "help wanted" sign for a housekeeper...any takers?)

7. The Very Hungry Caterpillar
I made a new year’s resolution to eat healthier and start working out. Surprisingly, I’m still going strong, despite all of the birthday festivities going on around here. Because of my new diet (or healthy eating habits) I’ve been spending a lot of time talking about healthy food choices with Adele. She now asks about healthy foods and is sure to tell me when she is eating something healthy. We went through the book, “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” and labeled the foods as “healthy” or “treats”…and then, of course, we talked about how some food can be a “healthy treat…” (Sorry, no picture for this one...I was running out of ideas for my crazy eights blog!)

8. A First for Anna!
Anna and Adele enjoyed “sledding” in the backyard with Daddy tonight. It was SO cute to watch, in fact, I had a hard time staying inside (I was supposed to be cleaning the kitchen) because I just had to go out and take some pictures!

What a great big sister!
Doesn't this remind you of someone?
She was SO cute watching Daddy and Adele sled some more!

3 comments:

Katie said...

For the record, I have no idea.

Mark B said...

did Anna crawl forward or back her way around the love seat?

Babyswiss said...

she sort of inched...it wasn't crawling forward, but she wasn't going backward either...