She can roll over both ways, but usually only rolls from her tummy to her back when she's frustrated with trying to crawl.
She isn't quite crawling yet, but expect that blog soon! She is now to the point where she'll be up on all fours, reach forward (she will only attempt to crawl in order to get something that is out of her reach) and then do a belly flop. Then she starts over, but she usually scoots backwards in the process.
She will pull to stand up if she's holding my hands, even if I don't help her. Today she tried to pull up onto her music table on her own. She would have been able to do it, but realized that she wasn't holding on to Mommy's hands, and got mad. She fussed at me, sat down and hit the table as if it was the table's fault. I wish I'd been taping her!
She will walk holding someone's hands. She especially loves to walk in the water!
She is a pro at eating her "solid foods." Here are some foods she has tried (and loved...all but that silly avocado):
Veggies:
Sweet potato (jarred baby food and real sweet potato off of mommy's plate)
Carrots
Squash
Green Beans
Peas
Avocado
Fruits:
Apples
Peaches
Pears
Bananas
Honeydew Melon
Meats:
Chicken
Other:
Rice Cereal
Oatmeal (Unfortunately, we discovered she's allergic to it...)
"Wagon Wheels"
Zwieback toast
She actually started taking a bottle (well, 2 whole oz) of formula every day, but we discovered that she is allergic to the formula we have, so we're back to the drawing board there...which means I still can't really leave her for longer than 3 hours unless I pump for her beforehand...argh!
Hmmm...how else has she changed...well, she's probably almost tripled her birth weight. She was just shy of 18 lbs at her 6 month checkup, so I'd guess that she's at least 19 or 20 pounds by now (she was 7 lbs, 4 oz at birth) She has grown 6 or more inches taller too!
She goes to bed around 7:30, as opposed to 10 or 11, but she's still not sleeping through the night (although last night she only woke up once, at 11...too bad I was already asleep! And I woke her up this morning at 7:30.
She's not as small, and she doesn't snuggle as much anymore, but she is a lot more fun! She knows her Mommy and Daddy and has the cutest reactions when she sees us! She is still stubborn, opinionated and determined, but most of the time I like that about her!
Happy 7-Month Birthday, baby!

No comments:
Post a Comment