Monday, August 18, 2008

Busy, Busy!

"Blog" has been on my "to-do" list since last Thursday....oops!

Thursday night was a GREAT one! Adele slept over 10 hours! She ate around 6:30, and went to bed just after 7. Then she...finally...woke up around 5:15 to eat...too bad I had been up since 4 just waiting on her! I even went to peek in on her around 4:30 because I was sure she'd stopped breathing or something...over 10 hours without nursing...I never thought I'd see the day!

Friday night we drove up to LaPorte for James' first birthday party. I had the great idea to leave around 7, at Adele's bedtime, since she's been SO good about sleeping in the car. Some great idea! She fell asleep around 7:30, then woke up at 8 and stayed awake for the rest of the drive! We got there about 9:30 LaPorte time (10:30 our time) and she took at least an hour to "wind down" once we were there...argh! (And that was after I gave her Benadryl). She was up a few times overnight too. So much for sleeping through the night!

Daddy and I took Adele and James over to see Grandma and Grandpa on Saturday morning while Uncle Tim and Aunt Laura got ready for James' party. Adele was tired, but wouldn't sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's and James was a busy little guy, crawling (and driving?) everywhere!
Adele did finally nap once we got back to Tim and Laura's. (She pulled the blanket up over her head to make it nice and dark.) James fell asleep shortly after she did. It sure was quiet with both babies sleeping! Once they woke up, we took the munchkins in James' pool. Adele had a BLAST splashing! That night, we went back over to Grandma and Grandpa's for some yummy dinner! We had corn on the cob, chicken, pork chops and ribs, fruit salad, veggies and chips...and sherbet for dinner! Adele had a little taste of the sherbet...don't tell!

Some cute pictures of the cousins playing:



Sunday was James' party. Adele was a VERY good girl all day! She liked hanging out with her relatives and only fussed once for Great Grandma.
She took a nap in the morning before the party started. then took another nap while James opened his presents. During the party, she was happy to look around at everyone and practice her crawling (or her scooting backwards...). James was absolutely adorable eating his cake! Adele was definitely jealous! Hopefully she won't develop any more allergies, and she'll actually be able to eat cake on her first birthday!

She slept some on the drive home, but then it took a while to get her back to sleep once we got home. I guess she's back to not sleeping in the car, eh?

No comments: