Monday, August 11, 2008

Indiana State Fair!

This weekend, we went to the State Fair. We rode the train down and spent a couple of hours checking everything out. Adele behaved herself for the most part and seemed to enjoy the sights!
Riding the train with Mommy: Apparently the part of the train that we were riding on was the old bathroom, so that is why there is no window. Thank goodness we didn't learn that until our return trip, where we sat in the "regular" seats...although, I think I would still prefer riding in what used to be the bathroom than riding backwards in the supposedly "nicer" seats. (In my opinion the entire train stinks, and there aren't any "nice" seats...ask Aunt Katie about the field trip on the same train if you don't believe me!)

The whole family on the train:
Under the arch at the midway:
The brand new covered bridge:
Adele had a little snack inside the bridge...it was so cool in the shade! She ate a "wagon wheel" (no oats!) and I tried to nurse her (discreetly) but she was too busy looking at all of the people to eat (that's a first! Adele not eating???!!!). So, we found a different location to nurse, under a big shade tree. When we got up and started walking back the way we had come, we saw a "Lactation Station" (Seriously!) set up with rocking chairs and fans...if only I'd known!!!

Isn't this just the cutest little piano? It's just Miss Adele's size!

Such a cutie!

No comments: