Thursday, August 7, 2008

Long time, no Blog...

Adele has certainly been busy doing "big girl" things, but we've been traveling and also enjoying the last days of Daddy's summer, so I haven't been spending much time blogging. (Plus, it's been so long since I've blogged that I've forgotten my "blogging voice" so it's hard to think of what to say...) Even though it's sad that Daddy will be going back to work, Adele and I are looking forward to getting into our own routine again, and that will most likely mean more blogging...yay!

Adele has been a pretty good baby lately. She is starting (knock on wood) to sleep for longer stretches at night again (6 or 7 hours), so that is good! She isn't crawling yet, but when you put her on her tummy, she ends up scooting backwards (that belly is a bit heavy to be lifting off of the ground...)

She has also started eating "Zwieback Toast" (I'll give a dollar to anyone who can pronounce that...other mommies excluded!)
Yum! She is still learning to feed herself, and occasionally she bites off (more like "slimes off") more than she can chew, so sometimes feeding her is a 2 person job! She needs Mommy to pry her mouth open so Daddy can dig out a chunk of toast out of her mouth.

While in Wisconsin, Adele attended her first wedding. My cousin Kelle got married, and Adele met Kelle, and new Hubby CJ, along with Kristen and Peter, some of my cousins, and some more aunts and uncles. She looked so cute in her pretty purple dress. Too bad I forgot to bring a little ribbon for her hair! Unfortunately, the wedding was at 6:00 Central Time (7:00 Eastern...) Adele's bedtime. She actually surprised us and lasted almost 2 hours past bedtime, but then started screaming crying, and there was no calming her down, so we headed back to our hotel. Here we are, zonked on the day after the wedding

While on our trip, we discovered that Adele loves to suck on lemons..weirdo! (Okay, maybe it's not SO weird...I liked lemons as a baby, too...) I didn't get a picture of her eating a lemon (I'm waiting to get Aunt Jenny's pictures, she has some, I'm sure) but I did get a picture of Miss Adele eating an orange at the wedding.

Yesterday was our "photo shoot" at Target. Adele was not nearly as smiley as she was the first time (we kind of figured that it would work out that way). They put her in a bathtub and took some pictures, but poor Miss Adele looked scared the whole time....that, and she was looking for the water. We didn't end up ordering any of their bathtub pictures, but we did take our own bathtub picture at the hotel....we think she's pretty darn cute!

Today Adele had lots of "Daddy Time" while I went to school and set up my classroom. I will be teaching Kindergarten when I return to teaching (YAY!) so I had to move rooms (UGH!). Today I met my maternity sub, and had to finish setting up my classroom. For some reason, it always takes a LONG time to get my room set up...and I promise I didn't even spend much time gabbing today! Anyway, Daddy and Adele survived, despite little Missy not taking a bottle. He even took her to the "Y" by himself (for the second time!) but she was fussy, so they didn't last too long.

No comments: