Friday, August 22, 2008

It is AMAZING...

how clean your house can be when your baby ACTUALLY takes naps...on a schedule...kind of! Adele has started taking 2 naps a day, usually a short-ish morning nap (although they can last over an hour!) and a long-ish (at least an hour) afternoon nap. In fact, the past two afternoons, we had to WAKE HER UP so that she'd be able to go to bed on time! She is still waking up a few times overnight, but I think as this daytime napping pattern becomes more established, she'll start to do better at night too (or maybe that's just wishful thinking...)

For now, I'm loving my clean house! This week I:

Swept the kitchen (twice)
Vacuumed (the TV room twice, the rest of the downstairs once)
Cleaned all of the doorknobs and light switches downstairs...

And....

She's still sleeping, so I guess I have to dust (of course, now that I've typed out this blog, she won't sleep for me at all next week, but I don't care...I'm so proud of both of us right now!)

***Edited to add***
She slept for 2 hours. I dusted, washed some windows, and made myself lunch. Then I took my own rest for about half an hour before she woke up!

No comments: