Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween 2010!

What can I say, we're blessed EVERYDAY with a princess and a doll for daughters....on Halloween they just got to dress up so that everyone else could see what a princess and a little doll they truly are!

Trying on her hat/wig:
(and yes, that dress matches the one Adele wore to the baptism (thanks, Memaw!)-too bad I didn't get a picture of them in their "twin" dresses!)

She's not nearly as thrilled about the dress though (too many sleeves to put on...she's not a fan of sleeves):


"Okay, maybe this isn't so bad..."

"Wait a minute..."


Adele was originally going to be Belle for Halloween. However, I guess we made too much fuss over Miss Anna's Raggedy Ann costume, because as soon as it was time for Adele to put on HER costume, she started to throw a fit. SHE wanted to be Raggedy Ann TOO. Oops. Talk about feeling terrible (but, in all of our defense, Anna was BEYOND cute in her costume!) Fortunately, I was quick on my feet and pulled out Adele's Cinderella dress. I gave her a choice of being Cinderella or Belle and she chose Cinderella without a passing glance. Tantrum avoided. Phew! (And as a bonus for Mommy, one less time I'll have to "fix" the Belle dress before she wears it to Beauty and the Beast with Daddy later this month!)




It took Adele an hour to go to about 10 houses on the two cul-de-sacs next to our house, and by that point we (the grown-ups) were done!

Sorting our "loot" (And checking for peanuts, of course!)


At one house, the lady passing out candy (what IS the name for those who stay behind hand out the candy?) held the bowl down for Adele to choose her "treat". It was full of Reeses' cups, Snickers, Hershey bars and Smarties. Our little Smarty chose a roll of Smarties, and the lady instantly shoved a peanut butter cup into her hand as well. She made a comment about how "conservative" Adele was in her choosing-I couldn't help but be proud of my little girl for knowing JUST what treat to pick! I'm sure it wasn't quite a fluke...she has never tasted candy in an orange package like the peanut butter cup came in, but she HAS eaten Smarties...but it did make me wonder if there was some sort of "peanut-allergic-instinct" that helped her to choose the treat she'd actually be able to eat! (Bapa enjoyed the Reeses' cup after Miss Adele went to bed, if you must know...) At other houses, I was right next to Adele, and would "suggest" which candy she should pick if there were peanut/peanut-free options in the same bowl. While I was secretly hoping for a trick-or-treat evening full of Baby Ruth's and other peanut-y goodies, the ONE lonely Snickers bar Bapa didn't eat is still sitting on a shelf in the kitchen....I'm almost afraid (for Anna's sake...) to eat it!

No comments: