It's November, so it seems appropriate to talk about turkey...but the "turkey" I want to talk about is COLD TURKEY (And I don't mean leftovers). We've been making a lot of "cold turkey" changes around here lately...and not all are for the better, but life goes on. Hopefully we'll be back to some sort of normal by the time Turkey Day rolls around (so we can travel...to a different time zone, nonetheless, and mess things all up again, right?)
Anyhow, here's what's been going on:
Adele quit napping last Tuesday. She just won't nap anymore. Thankfully she still rests...somewhat quietly...in her room, and her "destructive/climbing" phase has yet to resurface (knock on wood!) I'm not entirely thrilled, but that's because I've been battling a migraine since last Thursday. Read on.
I had a migraine that lasted from last Thursday until Monday when I said, "enough is enough" and went to the doctor. I had tried all of the "safe for nursing" medicines I could, and none worked. My head hurt so bad that I literally couldn't fall asleep two of those nights, and I spent one morning throwing up from nausea from my headache. It was bad. So, on Monday, I went to the doctor for some more powerful meds. Here's where our next little turkey shows up. No nursing for Anna...for 2 days. Let me just say that she's not exactly a fan of bottles. She's probably taken a total of 5 ounces out of a bottle in her entire life...and she's been offered bottles quite a few times (although, not THAT many times, because it's a bit frustrating...and until this headache situation, I had no *real* need to give her a bottle).
I was positive about this situation for two reasons: 1. It was a chance for her to really *need* to take a bottle, since I couldn't cave, no matter what, and 2. I thought it would help her with sleeping through the night (since she is back to waking up an average of 4 times to "snack" each night)
So far, in the 34 hours since she last nursed she's taken about an ounce and a half of juice from a bottle. No formula. Forget about trying to mix formula with her solid foodss, even...she just makes an awful face and clenches her little lips (and gums) together as tight as possible while screaming.
Fortunately, the screaming doesn't last long. She gets upset with us (well...usually me, since I'm the one home with her) and eventually decides she'll let me give her a paci, and she falls asleep. Her naps haven't been terribly long, but they're pretty frequent, poor baby!
She slept from about 8 until 4 before she woke up last night, so that's progress (Both girls were up for the day around 6:30, though...ugh!)
I'm very worried about her getting dehydrated, as she hasn't had a wet diaper since before 2:00 this afternoon, but the girl is just so stubborn, there's not much I can do.
This worrying is not exactly great for my head, which is feeling better, but not 100%...so I'm just hoping I don't have to go in for ANOTHER shot anytime soon!
Lastly, I was hoping to be able to post that we have a positive cold turkey to talk about, but unfortunately, that one is still in the works, but I will say that Adele spent 2 nights in just underwear, no pull-ups this week (on a whim...I decided that since pull ups actually worked AGAINST us during daytime potty training, they might be working against us at night too. She keeps her pull up dry on and off, but some mornings it seems like she actually pees in it AFTER she wakes up, but BEFORE she goes on the toilet, even though the "emergency" toilet in her room has been "used" at least once during the night)...Unfortunately, thanks to my headache and having to change wet sheets on the second pull-up free night, she's back the pull-up for now...if she's ready to stay dry all night long, she can wait until I'm feeling 100% (or at least 90%!) before proving it to us!!!!
Now, will somebody pass the tryptophan, I need a nap!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Sweetheart, didn't know you were suffering :(
Hang in there!!!
Post a Comment