Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Avocado is a No-Go!

Not much to say today. Yesterday we tried avocado, and I'm not sure that we'll try it again. I bought an avocado for Adele and I to share, it was super easy to mush up for her, but neither of us liked it. Adele actually gagged on it a little, poor thing! I figure, if I don't want to eat it, she shouldn't have to either. I'm kind of bummed, because avocado is supposed to be really good for you. Also, I'm a fan of guacamole, so it surprises me that I didn't like it.

"Mom, what are you trying to feed me?"

"I don't want it in my mouth."


Today it was very warm out (90, I think) so we stayed in...mostly. We took a nice warm...bath? in our little swimming pool. I was too lazy to go to the Y, although, looking back, I should have because the "warm" pool just wasn't very refreshing. I actually had to add cold water to the pool so that Adele could get in...it was THAT warm!

We had a great "playtime" this afternoon. Adele practiced her rolling and her laughing. She pretty much kept herself entertained, but was "chatting" with me the whole time. I just sat there and laughed at her. And picked her up to snuggle her when she was just too cute, but mostly I watched. It was fun not having to constantly shake a toy at her, or keep her entertained. And of course, I still talked with her...and tickled her. It was definitely one of those moments (or half-hours) that makes all of the sleepless nights worth it!

She was up extra early, but it worked out for the better. She took three naps, the first one was an hour and a half long, which gave me time to mop the kitchen floor! Yay! The other two naps were short, 45 minutes or so, and half an hour, but she seemed well rested and didn't really fuss at all today.

I'm working really hard at putting her down awake, and I succeeded for ALL of her naps AND bedtime tonight...YAY! We still have the mobile in her crib (I think you're supposed to take them down once the baby is 5 months old, so they don't pull up on it, but Adele couldn't reach hers even if she could stand all by herself in the middle of the crib....so I'm not too worried) Anyhow, I turn the mobile on, and by the time it stops, she's done with her fussing and generally asleep. Yay!

Well, I need to go clean out the refrigerator. It's gross.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Those pictures are priceless. I can't wait to see you tomorrow, Adele!