Thursday, July 3, 2008

More About Today

In case you're wondering, I did finally fall back asleep last night...well, this morning, rather. Around 5:30, I'd guess. Adele woke up at 5 to eat, then again at 6, and somewhere between the two I had a random dream about a dog and his crazy owner, so I guess I slept. At 6, I was afraid Adele would be up for good, but I rushed into her room and gave her a paci...it worked! She slept until I woke her up at 8:30. (I know, I know...never wake a sleeping baby, but she had been waking up at 6, and I'm trying to keep her on some sort of schedule!)

Anyhow...in addition to our bowling adventure, we had a very busy (and pleasant) day! On the way home from the bowling alley, I talked Daddy into checking out the YMCA. I had called the YMCA along with several other gyms back in...April??? I think? (I probably blogged about it, but I'm too lazy to look right now) asking about prices and classes, etc. but I never made a decision about what gym to join. Anyhow, Adele was asleep, so we decided to bring the whole carseat into the Y. We ended up joining for a full year! One advantage is the childcare. I need to start getting Adele used to being around other people!!! So, this summer, Daddy and I can workout while Adele plays in childcare, then we can all go swimming. Our Y is one of the best in Indiana....maybe even in the country! Unfortunately, there are no raquetball courts. I'm not too bummed, but Daddy is. Fortunately, there's another Y with raquetball courts right next to Daddy's school, so if he really wants to play, he can go after school.

Super Daddy did several loads of laundry today (I brought it downstairs, and he went to town flipping loads and folding...yay!) So, while he worked, Adele and I played. She was extra talkative and giggly today! She was in such a good mood that I tried giving her squash for dinner. She liked it much better than her bowling ball for lunch :) Actually, though, she didn't seem to mind it at all. I'm going to try sweet potatoes again, because I'm pretty sure now that she's getting used to eating her veggies she might do better with it. I'll introduce green beans next, and then we can try some fruit, yay!

Adele also spent some quality time in her pack-n-play today. She does so well sitting up, she can sit in there for several minutes at a time. She fell over and rolled onto her stomach a few times, but didn't really fuss about it. She doesn't know quite what to do once she's on her belly, but then again, she has always loved her tummy time!
She loves scratching the mesh side

What a cutie!

No comments: