Adele is having her second, or maybe third great night in a row, so go figure that I'm sitting here, wide awake at 3:30, and have been since Adele ate at 1:45....ARGH! While laying awake in bed, I kept thinking of things to blog about, and after watching the clock for an hour, I decided that I might as well start blogging!
I actually followed the advice of ALL the baby sleep books I've read, and put Adele down "awake, but sleepy" tonight. It worked! NO tears involved! It worked last night too...after her 3 am feeding, I just put her back in her crib. I heard her kicking and grunting for a while (and never did fall back asleep myself...argh!) but eventually she went to sleep. She did it again after she ate tonight...now if only Mommy could learn that neat trick of falling asleep on her own...
We went out to lunch with Kay yesterday, in hopes of getting Adele used to her so that she can babysit again in the near future. I guess it went okay...Adele didn't scream the whole time, but like her usual self, she was much happier with Mommy holding her!
Monday was our anniversary, and I mentioned that we didn't do much...well, Daddy surprised me on Tuesday with a mini-golf adventure. He told me that we were going somewhere, but didn't know if it was inside or outside (???) and that we needed the Baby Bjorn. I was stumped. I even tried to "cheat" and check my computer's history because I knew Daddy had been looking online to find out more about where we were going...too bad he has his Master's Degree in Technology...and he suspected, or even expected me to snoop...he erased the history after his search. I didn't know what to wear, or what to bring for Adele, so I wore what I was wearing and brought the whole diaper bag. So, we drove for a while and eventually parked outside a new mini-golf place not too terribly far away. He wore Adele in the Bjorn, and she just loved golfing! I carreid the diaper bag, so if you ever see the score card, just know that I was off balance from wearing the bag on one shoulder, while Adele gave Daddy an extra sense of caution....and that's why he beat me. Right.
Well, I don't know that I'm feeling any more sleepy, but I'm sure if nothing else, I've jinxed Adele's sleeping habits, so tomorrow night she'll be wide awake with me...that is how it works, isn't it? I hope you are getting more rest than this Mommy!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment