Things have been crazy here for the past week or so. Last Thursday, Grandma and Grandpa arrived in the afternoon, followed by Memaw and Gramps that evening.
On Friday, Grandma and Grandpa were busy baking and decorating Adele's baptism cake...Grandpa is a real artist when it comes to cake decorating!
Late Friday night, Aunt Katie, Michael and Aunt Jenny arrived. Adele slept through their arrival, but woke up to eat right after I had fallen asleep again...isn't that just like her!
On Saturday, Uncle Greg arrived, followed by Uncle Tim, Aunt Laura and James.
Sunday morning was the baptism. Three baby girls and one of the girls' fathers got baptised. Adele did a wonderful job...no fussing even when I handed her over to Pastor Mike! She was tuckered out by the end of the service though, and fell asleep, so we decided not to take pictures at the church. At home, between Daddy and I we made enough food to feed an army (we're STILL eating leftovers) so we had a nice lunch and then took family pictures before people started to head out.
Once the Aunts and Uncles left, we took Adele and Memaw over to Grandma and Grandpa's hotel to swim. Gramps took a nap. That night, Gramps got to feed Adele her peas (which she loves, by the way!)
Memaw and Gramps left late Monday morning, then that night, Grandma and Grandpa stayed with us. We had a terrible electrical storm on Monday night, which Adele slept through...she was up during the calm parts of the night, and asleep during the loud/bright parts. Argh!
Tuesday morning was her 6 month checkup. She's still in the 90th percentile in height and moved from the 75th to the 80th percentile in weight...does that mean that there are actually babies out there who are chunkier than our little Chunky Monkey? I don't believe it! That night, we tried pears for the first time. Adele didn't really care for them. I'm not sure if it was the texture (they're kind of grainy) or the taste (she is so used to her veggies, they must have tasted very sweet) but we'll keep trying. Dr. Freeman also said that we can start introducing finger foods, which I am excited about!
Wednesday was busy as well. I took Adele to school with me, along with babysitter Hannah! I'm still working on changing classrooms (and only have a few days of "summer" left, it seems!) Hannah works in the infant room at church, and Adele breaks out her biggest smile every time she looks at Hannah...so things went well yesterday! We'll probably be calling her again soon! While we were busy working at school, Daddy headed up to Chicago to go to a concert with Uncle Greg. So, when we got home, it was Ladies' Night In! I gave Adele a bath all by myself for the second time, and then Adele slept......
TEN
Yes, you read that right....TEN hours straight!!!!! I think she actually probably could have gone longer (she woke up a few times during the night, but literally gave one fuss and went back to sleep before I had a chance to think about checking on her) but by 5 AM I was ready to feed her! Maybe I should kick Daddy out more often??? I do have to admit, it was pretty hard to miss him with Adele sleeping that well! I was so afraid that she'd have a terrible night and I'd have no backup, but she surprised me this time!
So, here we are today. I gave Adele some sweet potato puffs (basically Cheerios that melt in your mouth) for lunch. She loved them, but wouldn't feed herself. They are so small, she had a hard time picking them up, but we'll keep working on it! We went to lunch at Jenn's house, and when we got home, Daddy was waiting for us. Now we are all just hanging out.
No comments:
Post a Comment