Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday

Today was "reunion" day for my "L559 friends", Amber, Kelly and I (is that correct grammar, Amber??) We bonded as a few of the only graduate students in a mixed grad/undergrad literacy course several semesters ago, and now we get together on all of our "breaks." We started out just the 3 of us, but have since added Evan, Amber's little guy who just turned one, and Adele, of course. Lunch with 2 babies is much different than lunch with no babies (or even just one)! I thought I was doing much better with my "baby brain," but not so much! I'm not sure we actually finished any of the conversations that we started...or we at least didn't have as many conversations as we usually do. Oh well, we had a good time anyway! Evan impressed us with his eating abilities (feeding himself bits of grilled cheese) Not to mention his flirting abilities! He and one of the bus boys had a grand old time "playing" together. Adele actually was sleeping when we got ther, but woke up in time to show off her new "sippy cup" skills, not to mention sitting up in a high chair!

Daddy and I took Miss Adele to the Y again today. He worked out while we swam. No childcare. Adele wore out pretty quick, but not before Daddy was done working out, so it worked well. Plus, she took a long nap when we got home...yay!

She did a lot more "toe grabbing" today, and even tried to grab her toes and sippy cup at the same time...too cute! Pictures will come shortly...

Here I go, jinxing myself, but bedtime has gone so well the past two nights that I've been able to go the Y to swim laps AFTER putting Adele to bed...yay! (Yes, we're trying/going to get the most out of our membership!!)

Well, Daddy is watching The Baby Borrowers (he's hoping to keep one step ahead of Adele...tonight is "Toddler" night), and I think I'm going to join him!

1 comment:

Amber Connors said...

You're good - I couldn't even remember the name of the class. I always say I'm having lunch with the "grad. school girls."

By the way, you use subject pronouns (I, we, she, they, etc.) as the subject noun. Object pronouns (him, her, them, etc.) as objects (Direct Objects, Indirect Objects, Objects of Prepositions). Yes, I'm a grammar nerd...but I don't think a blog really counts - I usually make a mistake on mine and notice after I've posted. You're fine. ;-)