Friday, July 11, 2008

Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot!*

*I meant to post this yesterday, but it got too late

Our first "Hot" adventure of the day was at my school. I am moving from first grade to kindergarten (gotta change my profile, eh?) and today was the day I decided to start packing up my room. The A/C isn't usually on in the summer at my school, but due to an unusually large number of teachers moving rooms, it was supposed to be left on through July. WRONG! Daddy, Adele and I got there around 10 and the building was ROASTING! We ran into the head custodian almost immediately and she said that the air was down...go figure! Adele and Daddy did a great job entertaining themselves while I packed up the cupboards. We had spent almost 3 hours working in the room and were getting ready to leave when Kay wandered into my room...she had been working in her room too. So, she made faces at Adele while Daddy and I packed some more, and Adele couldn't stop laughing! Yay! I was especially excited about this since Kay will be babysitting for a couple of hours on Saturday, and last time didn't exactly go so well...

The next two Hot's go together. When we got home from school, we had a message from Daddy's friend, Doug. We're going to his wedding reception on Saturday, but the actual ceremony was tonight, and he was inviting us to attend. He and Marlene were going to have a small ceremony, then go on a hot air balloon ride...what fun! The ceremony was scheduled for 7...Adele's "chosen" bedtime (she has been ready for bed earlier and earlier lately....and *knock on wood* sleeping in pretty well too!) but we decided to go anyway. We weren't expecting a long ceremony, and it was happening close to our house. We got there at 7, and things weren't quite ready, the hot air balloon "people" had to wait on the winds to die down a little before deciding if they could actually send the balloons up. We were in a large field (due to the balloons, of course) so there wasn't exactly a lot of shade, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Adele was hot, but in good spirits. She loved watching the balloons fill with air! She wasn't thrilled about the flames, she jumped every time they went off (it was loud, but I think the heat was what surprised her....it was pretty hot, even though we weren't that close to it!)

Although it was fun, and Adele was a little angel when we were there, we got home at 8 and it was 10 before Adele was in bed, asleep for good. (And she was up again at 1...) So, we learned our lesson: Do NOT mess with bedtime! Since I knew it was our fault for keeping her up too late, I never really got frustrated even after 2 hours of trying to get her to sleep...so that was good! I also didn't want to make her cry it out, since it really was our fault that she was overtired!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Um . . . since when do you move rooms without me? What if you had gotten locked into the teacher's lounge or something? Who would you have laughed with?