Thursday, June 26, 2008

Adding Insult to Injury?

I think Adele is allergic to her amoxicillin. She woke up with a rash on her cheek and a very mild rash on her back. It was VERY light, so we gave one more dose of her medicine, and the rash seems to have gotten worse already. (I gave benadryl with the amoxicillin last night since she's so stuffy, but not this morning, which is probably why the rash got worse so fast!) Argh! I'm beginning to wonder what this kid isn't allergic to! I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back on this one...just when we started having to pay a co-pay everytime we visit the doctor, Adele needs to go in 3 times in a week!

On a positive note, she slept great last night! It took about an hour (maybe longer) to get her to sleep last night, but she slept from about 9:30 to 2:20, ate and slept until 6:40. She decided to be up for good then, but I didn't mind too much since she slept so well! I learned some good tricks for getting her to take her medicine, so I'll keep up with the benadryl for now.

While I was nursing her to sleep, I decided to watch a new show called "The Baby Borrowers" (I try not to watch TV while I put her to sleep, but she had been nursing for 45 minutes....I figured she'd fall asleep soon enough) Anyway, it was SO funny! Several teenage couples who think they are ready for kids "borrow" babies for a few days (Okay...the girls think they are ready, the boys are hoping this experience will show the girls that they aren't). They get to test out life with a baby, and so far, most of them aren't liking it....and from what we can tell, they were given pretty "easy" babies! Daddy and I laughed about what a perfect candidate Adele would be for one of the couples....they would probably swear off children forever after spending an hour with her....ah, we love her anyway!

She has been napping for over an hour now, and this time it's not benadryl-induced...yay!

No comments: