Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bummer!

Our town has free concerts on Tuesday nights from 7 to 9. It's a little later than we'd like for Adele's bedtime, but we decided to give it a try tonight anyway. I put Adele in her jammies before we left, figuring she would likely fall asleep on the way home, if not at the concert. We stuck some chairs in the stroller and headed on over. She was a trooper the whole way over (It's probably half a mile from our house to the town hall). But when we got there, there were no cars (it's usually packed!) and no band :( It had rained earlier today, so our only guess was that it was rained out. Bummer. As we walked home, we saw tons of cars drive up only to turn around and head back the opposite direction.

I had checked the website before we left, double checking the times, and it didn't say anything about tonight's concert not taking place, but when we got home it said that the concert was postponed due to weather. (I had checked after 6 PM for a concert that was to start at 7....when did they decide to postpone???)

Adele fell asleep on the way home, and while I managed to keep her asleep for a little while, she woke up when I tried to put her into her crib. Now, almost 2 hours later, she has finally been asleep in her crib for a few minutes. I knew it would be a rough night since she was asleep for probably 15 minutes at 7, but I tried to keep her up and she just rubbed her head into me....which is what she does at naptime. She just didn't want to sleep in her crib.

She was so cute sleeping in the stroller on the way home...I wish I had brought a camera!

No comments: